British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Got a letter this morning.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/got-letter-morning-544923/)

Persephone Jun 24th 2008 12:58 pm

Got a letter this morning....

Hi

Well it says that my application for residence has been "Approved in principle"
So all I need to do is send in yet more cash and I'll have PR:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's a little over 2 weeks from sending in my ITA, how fast is that after how slow they were at first:eek:

I'll have to wait until I get back from the long holiday to get those lovely blue stickers in my passport as I'm going in 3 days time but it's certainly a big relief to have it all sorted now! If I'd known they'd be this quick I'd have got a one way ticket!
Thanks to all of you who have helped and supported me when things weren't going so well. All the best with your applications - hoping for a speedy result for you all:thumbup:

Sue :D:D:D Can't stop grinning

teebrown Jun 24th 2008 1:06 pm

Re: Got a letter this morning....

Well congratulations to you - well done.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::beer:

Water Lily Jun 24th 2008 1:42 pm

:thumbsup::eek: :beer:HURRAAAAAAAAH:beer::eek::thumbsup:

MANY CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

That is fantastic news, I bet you'll enjoy your holiday even more now!! :D

Well done Sue, you certainly deserve it after what you went through, all those months of uncertainty and seeing other people getting there first, must have been so discouraging... But you're there now!! Well done, you! :thumbup:

Have a FAB holiday and stay in touch with us lot back home!

weejie Jun 24th 2008 2:46 pm

Many congratulations Sue,so pleased for you.:thumbsup: At least you can go on your trip and enjoy it without wondering how the ITA was progressing and no need to check your status 10 times a day:lol:;) We have our medicals 2 weeks today so hopefully ITA will be submitted in around 3 weeks. :eek:

Have a great trip and enjoy your break with Mr Sue:wub:

Phyllis

over50 Jun 24th 2008 4:46 pm

Congratulations Sue R, you enjjoy your holiday now and imagine soon the next flight will be for the trip to New Zealand.....:eek::thumbup::thumbup:
Steve and Dee

beater Jun 24th 2008 7:28 pm

Hey SueR. Congratulations! You deserve this with all the advise and encouragement that you have given to others on this group. Don't forget to post back on this forum now and then once you are settled in NZ. And best of luck with the job hunting over there.:rofl:

Stoof Jun 24th 2008 8:18 pm

hey fellow northerner Sue! congratulations! chuffed to bits for you... happy travelling and hope the move goes well x

Persephone Jun 25th 2008 11:49 am

Thanks everyone and also for your support over the last few months. :thumbsup:

I'm leaving these not so sunny shores on Friday but will be back sometime in September. The flights and holidays are booked as well as a return ticket since I wasn't expecting things to move quite so quickly! There are a few things I need to come back for so will not be changing it at such short notice
Thinking of booking a one way ticket soon though.....

Will come back on here when in NZ [doesn't that sound so good!] as Mr Sue will be at work and there's only so much time I can spend sleeping, job hunting, eating and being a lady of leisure and so on:rofl:

All the very best to you all and wishing you a speedy reply to your ITA/EOIs or whatever stage you're at!

Sue :D:D:D

suzi n steve Jun 25th 2008 7:55 pm

Wow, congratulations Sue! Glad they pulled their fingers out on your ITA after the debacle with your EOI. Enjoy your trip and I hope your one way ticket won't be too far behind.

BEVS Jun 25th 2008 10:28 pm

After all that waiting , you are finally home dry. :) Makes me happy to read this.

Have a lovely long holiday Sue and a great time with Mr Sue. :wub:

See you on-line soon. :thumbsup:

Want2Move Jun 28th 2008 4:07 am

Sue R,

Many many congratulations to you. Enjoy your vacation and wish you a very successful life once you moved to NZ permanently.

Mr Peace Jul 4th 2008 12:49 pm

Dear Sue,

Congrats for the PR!!

i am still waiting for response from the NZIS.

Peace:)