British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Got Job Offer after ITA lodged (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/got-job-offer-after-ita-lodged-833989/)

rshahamiri May 15th 2014 2:15 pm

Got Job Offer after ITA lodged

Dear All,

I appreciate if you help me out.

I lodged my SMC application last september and was assigned my case officer last month. I got a job offer and send the offer letter to my case officer two weeks ago but she doesn't tell how long it takes to approve the residency application. Is there anybody who knows any timeframe?

I have to start by 14th July 2014. Do you think I should apply for a work visa?

Tq

Persephone May 15th 2014 5:16 pm

Re: Got Job Offer after ITA lodged

Which branch are you applying to? They usually have the processing times on the website.
At least you'll have a general idea then whether it's worth looking into applying for a visa to get you started on time:)

MrsFychan May 15th 2014 7:57 pm

can you view your application on line?

I would send a polite email to the CO and just check that they have received the letter offer. My husband got an offer after submitting the ITA and changed the on line application to reflect that. It did take just over 3mths after the change to get it all sorted, so he got a temp work visa. The job offer from the company was not to the CO liking and had to be resubmitted 3 times until she was happy with the wording. :sneaky:

rshahamiri May 16th 2014 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 11261975)
Which branch are you applying to? They usually have the processing times on the website.
At least you'll have a general idea then whether it's worth looking into applying for a visa to get you started on time:)

It's Shanghai branch. There isn't any information on their website.

rshahamiri May 16th 2014 1:41 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 11262244)
can you view your application on line?

I would send a polite email to the CO and just check that they have received the letter offer. My husband got an offer after submitting the ITA and changed the on line application to reflect that. It did take just over 3mths after the change to get it all sorted, so he got a temp work visa. The job offer from the company was not to the CO liking and had to be resubmitted 3 times until she was happy with the wording. :sneaky:

She alredy received the offer letter and didn't say anything about not approving it. We have several communications afterwards as she asked for some other documents regarding my partner. But the online status is still the same "pending" with the lodgment date.

According to her, they started the verification stage and cannot tell when it may end because it's different case to case.

rshahamiri May 20th 2014 8:13 am

Got the approval. It took 4 weeks after I submitted the offer letter. :thumbsup:

MrsFychan May 20th 2014 8:39 am

great news