British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   got a job offer! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/got-job-offer-481066/)

turkeys Sep 14th 2007 7:20 am

got a job offer!

I've just finished a phone interview and have been offered a job! :eek: I am stunned, have only applied for three posts and been looking for a week

Its in Wellington and they are just going to draw up a contract for next week. Staring in February for new academic year

Gulp, what next?! Put some wine in the fridge for tonight and start looking into the practicalities on Monday
:thumbsup:

Andy

P2L Sep 14th 2007 9:52 am

Re: got a job offer!

Originally Posted by turkeys (Post 5309929)
I've just finished a phone interview and have been offered a job! :eek: I am stunned, have only applied for three posts and been looking for a week

Its in Wellington and they are just going to draw up a contract for next week. Staring in February for new academic year

Gulp, what next?! Put some wine in the fridge for tonight and start looking into the practicalities on Monday
:thumbsup:

Andy

Congratulations :thumbsup::beer::thumbsup::beer:

Enjoy your weekend, cos all hell will break loose once you start on the paper trail ;)

turkeys Sep 14th 2007 10:53 am

I intend to bury my head for a day or two :thumbup:

frattonlad Sep 14th 2007 3:50 pm

Congratulations!!
Whats the job then? Where in Welly? Nosey aint we

Sam & Trev

McGowans Sep 14th 2007 5:32 pm

Fantastic news! We've just submitted our EOI and I'm expecting a telephone interview next week.:thumbsup:

Have to say we love Whitstable and have had two great holidays there with the children, won't you be sorry to leave?

turkeys Sep 15th 2007 7:54 am

Good luck with your phone interview, its a strange way to have one. I used Skype So we could at least have webcams

we also used it last night to speak to a couple of my wife's friends who live in Lower Hutt, Wellington. Got to see their kids for the first time!

We are pretty settled in Whitstable, so its not a case of being sick of the UK at all. We will probably have a year in New Zealand just to give ourseleves the opportunity to see if we like living in another country. I would be very happy to come back after a year as Whitstable is the nicest place I've lived in. however you just don't know what living overseas can lead to so pretty excited.

Just want the job offer to drop on the doormat ASAP!

turkeys Sep 15th 2007 8:13 am

Sam & Trev,

its with a training co. on Willis Street in Wellington. I tried to embed a Google map, which would have looked cool, but couldn't get it to work, so here's the hyperlink