got a job interview.... oooh!

Old Sep 12th 2007, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light
Default got a job interview.... oooh!

Hello all

Just to say things seem to be moving quickly. I have applied for four jobs online last week. I haven't even started on applying for a visa or doing EOI yet.

Well... I received an email from a company who want to talk to me, so we are having a Skype call next week!

I made it clear in my letter that I haven't got a visa yet, but want to go over for a year (its a one year post I have interview for). So we will have to wait and see if they want me then.

One question, if they are willing, does it speed up the visa process if they are willing to sponsor me?

It's probably a bit too quick, though I couldn't start until the new year at teh earliest

I'll keep you posted
Old Sep 12th 2007, 6:06 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: got a job interview.... oooh!

If you have a job offer in hand from an employer who has pre-approved permission to hire foreigners your application is fast-tracked. You will most likely go out on a one-year temporay work visa (you'll be stamped in with a work permit on arrival) which means you don't have to faff around with police clearances or medicals at this stage.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

great! I will keep you posted as to how it goes. Whatever happens its encouraging that my skills appear to be in demand. I am hoping that as they are a company with overseas clients and loose links with education in UK, then they may be in a position to offer jobs to foreigners
Old Sep 12th 2007, 6:56 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

Originally Posted by happynz View Post
If you have a job offer in hand from an employer who has pre-approved permission to hire foreigners your application is fast-tracked. You will most likely go out on a one-year temporay work visa (you'll be stamped in with a work permit on arrival) which means you don't have to faff around with police clearances or medicals at this stage.
Is there a rough timescale for PR for similar individuals
Old Sep 12th 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

you got a job offer Ned? I may be jumping the gun, just at interview stage 10pm next Tuesday I think!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 7:10 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

Yes and my EOI was selected today.
I was interviewed over the phone, pretty frightening for the first time.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 7:19 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

forgot to add the second time would have been a piece of cake....
good luck..
Old Sep 13th 2007, 2:21 am
Just Joined

palvanie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ned View Post
forgot to add the second time would have been a piece of cake....
good luck..

turkeys;

all the best with the interviews. May i know what industry are you associated with?

cheers and good luck.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Palvine, I work in e-learning - so it shouldn't really matter about the location!
The job is in Wellington, I have a Skype interview tomorrow UK time at 0700

Should I be offered it I will be able to apply for a work visa - its a 1 year post. That's the idea anyway

Andy
Old Sep 14th 2007, 3:53 am
Just Joined

palvanie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by turkeys View Post
Palvine, I work in e-learning - so it shouldn't really matter about the location!
The job is in Wellington, I have a Skype interview tomorrow UK time at 0700

Should I be offered it I will be able to apply for a work visa - its a 1 year post. That's the idea anyway

Andy
good luck mate! all the best.