Going to New Zealand As an electrician

Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

aarone1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going to New Zealand As an electrician

can anyone give me some advice, I want to travel to New Zealand I am a qualified Electrician. If i want to work as an electrician what do i need to have or show.
Im going over to friends that have a farm and ill prob work there for a bit to i can get better work.
Anyone please give me advice

Thankyou.
Old Jul 27th 2012, 8:01 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to New Zealand As an electrician

You can't just come over and start work you have to obtain a visa of some sort, be it a Works visa or Permanent Residency.
Being an electrician you will have to be assessed on your skills and get a NZ licence from what I have read on previous posts.
Your best bet is to have a go on the NZ Immigration website and see what points you gain on the EOI points indicator.
If you get over 140 you will be picked from the pool, which is fortnightly, and asked to apply for your ITA (Invitation to Apply) you fill in the forms and submit your evidence, medicals, police checks etc and that is evaluated by a Case Officer and checked by a secondary person and can take anyway from a few weeks on some visas to more than 3mths on others.

There are a few electricians on here so hopefully some will come on and give their experiences and advise