British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   to go in on a one year visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/go-one-year-visa-676676/)

concretepump Jul 14th 2010 5:29 pm

to go in on a one year visa

well because of the , recession, immigration are only giving one year visa,s
instead of two, they say you can apply again but no guarantees that i would get one more year,

so do i , would you chance it for a year or just say hey we tried and just go back for a holiday,
recession has hit my business hard like a lot of people, but if we stayed hopefully things would pick up, if i went to nz and came back after a year i would be a lot worse off, labour nz has done test for my work there is no one available now but could train some one in a year, although firm only want me
maybe we should leave it until early next year and see what has changed then few more sleep less nights:eek:

simonsi Jul 14th 2010 7:53 pm

Re: to go in on a one year visa

Originally Posted by concretepump (Post 8701585)
well because of the , recession, immigration are only giving one year visa,s instead of two,

Are you sure that bit isn´t because of this bit?

Originally Posted by concretepump (Post 8701585)
labour nz has done test for my work there is no one available now but could train some one in a year,

We´ve just had normal 30mth work visas issued so it doen´t look like any general rule but something specific to your role/industry/application???

If they can train in a year why issue a visa for longer?

Maybe worth bearing in mind that the UK Govt spending cuts recently announced have yet to feed through... :thumbdown:

concretepump Jul 14th 2010 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 8701873)
Are you sure that bit isn´t because of this bit?

We´ve just had normal 30mth work visas issued so it doen´t look like any general rule but something specific to your role/industry/application???

If they can train in a year why issue a visa for longer?

Maybe worth bearing in mind that the UK Govt spending cuts recently announced have yet to feed through... :thumbdown:

the e-mail from nz says we approve your application to allow my employer time to train a new zealander, immigration law means we are only able to issue a 12 month visa its ANZSCO skill level four
but it takes more than a year to train some one i have been doing this job for 28 years and am still leaning, they say i can apply after a year but no guarantees i would get it

simonsi Jul 14th 2010 8:15 pm

Still sounds related to the particular circumstances rather than because of the recession, doesn´t help you though. Maybe for a 1yr role insist on contract rates...

concretepump Jul 15th 2010 10:35 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 8701917)
Still sounds related to the particular circumstances rather than because of the recession, doesn´t help you though. Maybe for a 1yr role insist on contract rates...

that was her words not mine, will maybe try an immigration lawer, lot of money to lose just for one year, the firm is backing me 100% its just immigration haven't given up completely yet, might even try next year as things change in a year

simonsi Jul 15th 2010 12:00 pm

Yep but isn't here words "we approve your application to allow my employer time to train a new zealander" that I'm going on??

Good luck with waiting a year, I don't think the UK wil improve in that timeframe at all - but emigration may well become more popular :D

Good luck with whatever you choose though.