Giving birth in New Zealand on A WHV

Old Dec 26th 2012, 9:42 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Giving birth in New Zealand on A WHV

Originally Posted by Sophia Bells
I know as much that if you are British (i am) the cost of the actual BIRTH is paid for by the NHS- reciprocal arrangement.
The NHS will not pay out if you have applied for a WHV whilst pregnant because it's technically breeching the terms of the visa.

"a relatively high probability of needing publicly funded health services during their stay in New Zealand."

I would imagine this includes pregnancy.
Old Dec 26th 2012, 9:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Giving birth in New Zealand on A WHV

Originally Posted by Sophia Bells
Just checking in to see if anyone has got any experience about arriving to New Zealand pregnant ON WORKING HOLIDAY VISA (WHV) and giving birth out there too.

Is this very complicated regarding getting a VISA for the new baby?.. will the baby be able to stay in NZ as long as the WHV lasts etc... ? Will you be able to depart NZ with baby then come back again with the BABY etc....? Is it an easy process ...etc

Any experiences shared and info much appreciated
As I see it the facts would be - you would have to leave asap as your WHV would no longer be valid
The baby would not qualify for a visa
You could not return on your WHV with a baby in tow.

So you then need to think about IF (heavens forbid) something goes wrong, you could be stuck in NZ, with no visa, and a sick baby, unable to travel. no family/friends to support you.

That's without looking at the financial side of it.