Getting started .

Old Jul 30th 2011, 3:58 am
Just Joined

rhiasdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile getting started

Hello
sorry if this sounds monotonous but my daughter has been in nz since 09 origonally on working hol visa with her oh who lives here with parents.now they have got wed and we have a beautifull 4 wk old grandaughter.
we really wamt to move to nz to be near them, i do not think i will qualify on the skills list,i am a very good experienced owner/courier driver.but this isnt recognised in immigration.my daughters pr application has been returned as the doctor didnt sign the right bit and now her certificates are out of date.
she may be able to sponsor us after 3yrs pr,in total we may have to wait4-5 yrs to come over that way.
Can i apply for a job and get a year work permit and keep renewing even thou it is not on the skills list , and do i grt the job offer first and then the permit or the other way around.Iam willing to get qualifications over here that i need to get on the list.
Any help would be greatly welcomed
Thanks
rhiasdad
Old Jul 30th 2011, 5:37 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting started

Have you considered buying a business over here??

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ur/default.htm
Old Jul 30th 2011, 6:40 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting started .

There is no such thing as monotonous here . We all had to start somewhere.

It is a job offer first and then you apply for the temporary work visa. Not the other way around.

No. From what you write I don't think you have skills that NZ needs at this time . This makes it awkward in a way for an NZ employer to offer you work as they need to prove there is no NZ resident or citizen that could take up that job. There is recession here in NZ too.

Yes. It does take years to be sponsored as a parent and then be granted a visa.

Depending on your age and funds there may be other visas which will help you see your daughter more often until the sponsorship application can be put forward.

For instance

Multiple entry visitor visa for parents and grandparents of New Zealand citizens/residents

If you have family members in New Zealand and you wish to visit them, you may apply for a visitor visa under normal visitor instructions to allow you to travel to New Zealand, or you may travel to New Zealand visa-free if you are a ‘visa waiver visitor’.

However, if you are the parent or grandparent of a New Zealand citizen or resident you may like to have the flexibility of a multiple entry visa, to allow you to visit your child or grandchild several times over a three-year period. To do this, you may apply for a visitor visa under the parent and grandparent multiple entry visitor visa (see V3.110 in our Operational Manual).

To be eligible for a visa under these immigration instructions, you must apply from outside New Zealand, and you will need to complete full medicals and meet normal character requirements (you may include your partner in the application but not your children). Your New Zealand sponsor* will need to complete the Sponsorship for Temporary Entry (INZ 1025) PDF and must guarantee to meet the cost of your maintenance, accommodation, repatriation (if necessary) and healthcare costs (if required).

If the application is approved you will be granted a three-year multiple entry visitor visa, authorising stay for a visit of six months from your date of arrival. You will not be able to extend the visa, however you will be able to enter and leave New Zealand during the validity of your visa, as long as you do not remain in New Zealand for more than 18 months during the validity of the visa.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 7:19 am
Just Joined

rhiasdad is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for your help ,i cant afford a buisness but the grandparent visa could be okay.We really dont want to go home now we have spent the last 5 weeks with our daughter,son-in-law and baby.but i will be emailing and knocking doors monday as you neverknow.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:46 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

There is another option. When my Dad used to live in Oz, he got round visa requirements by living in Oz for 6 months, then flew to Vanautu for 3 weeks, then back to Oz on a fresh 6 month visa. Managed 7 years there before he headed elsewhere...........not sure if that loophole still exists in Oz or here......
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 12:25 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rhiasdad View Post
thanks for your help ,i cant afford a buisness but the grandparent visa could be okay.We really dont want to go home now we have spent the last 5 weeks with our daughter,son-in-law and baby.but i will be emailing and knocking doors monday as you neverknow.
Don't underestimate the power of plenty of door knocking! Best of luck to you, you get a job offer soon!