Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Getting my recognised qualification recognised

Getting my recognised qualification recognised

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 12:11 am
Just Joined

MikeFR is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Getting my recognised qualification recognised

Hi there and thanks for reading this despite the boring title.

I'm having trouble getting the online EOI form (headache) to acknowledge my UK degree (apparently equivalent to Level 7).

Since the degree and issuing university are included in the relevant list, I can only assume that I am not typing the description exactly as the form requires.

I've included a screenshot in the hope that someone can see what I am doing wrong. At the top of the screenshot you'll notice that I get '0' points for this section/page. According to the guidelines I should get 50. I need these points to get my application over the 100 threshold.

I've read dozens of similar problems in this forum but nothing exactly the same.

Hope someone can help.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Getting my recognised qualification recognised-nzimgform.jpg  
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 5:47 am
Throw yourself at it...

VickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really nice
Default Re: Getting my recognised qualification recognised

Can't see anything blindingly obvious.

Have you tried 'adding a page' so you can put the same qualification in and if that holds, delete this first one?

Or I would email the online team themselves. You need to be logged in to Immi NZ to get the feedback form come up (I think).
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks VickyVN.

Your first suggestion was a good 'un but unfortunately the form still wouldn't play ball.

I press ahead with your second suggestion.

All the best.

Mike
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:39 am
Just Joined

I figured out my mistake and just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else makes the same assumption...

It was the second part of question F3a. "If 'Yes' what level is your qualification?"

I thought it was asking for the level of my degree (i.e. a first, second, third...). It is of course asking for the equivalent 'NZQA level', which in my case is 7 (for a normal degree).

Thanks again. Mike
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:28 am
Throw yourself at it...

VickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really niceVickyVN is just really nice

Doh!
Well done for spotting it and thanks for posting back the answer.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 10:43 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks heavens for that. All systems go then & welcome to this wee NZ forum