British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Getting closer... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/getting-closer-503598/)

cappuccino Jan 4th 2008 6:16 pm

Getting closer...

After 42 days my police report came back this morning and I went straight up to New Zealand House in London with all my visa paperwork. They said it will probably take about 2 weeks and I asked to be able to collect my passport when ready rather than being posted.

A quick tip - I photocopied all my certificates and work experience documents in advance, took both sets with but asked which set they wanted - originals or photocopies and they said photocopies are better cos then they don't have to do the photocopying and worry about sending back the originals! They didn't have to be ceritified and they didn't even look at my originals.

There was a question on the form that asked what date I want to leave NZ and I left it blank - told the immigration person that I have no intention of leaving :-)

Maz Jan 5th 2008 12:55 am

Re: Getting closer...

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 5739872)
After 42 days my police report came back this morning and I went straight up to New Zealand House in London with all my visa paperwork. They said it will probably take about 2 weeks and I asked to be able to collect my passport when ready rather than being posted.

A quick tip - I photocopied all my certificates and work experience documents in advance, took both sets with but asked which set they wanted - originals or photocopies and they said photocopies are better cos then they don't have to do the photocopying and worry about sending back the originals! They didn't have to be ceritified and they didn't even look at my originals.

There was a question on the form that asked what date I want to leave NZ and I left it blank - told the immigration person that I have no intention of leaving :-)

Excellent news M! :thumbup: Yeah I never liked filling in that one part either. ;)

BEVS Jan 5th 2008 8:59 am

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 5739872)

Reading all good stuff here for your move to NZ. Lovely to see. :thumbup:

banshigirl Jan 5th 2008 1:27 pm

Great to see it all coming together for you Michelle.

Are you still going on your own?:p

cappuccino Jan 5th 2008 1:31 pm

Yup, exciting but nailbiting time now.

For now I am going on my own... who knows what the future will hold? :confused: