Geordie with Kiwi partner .. visa ?

Old Feb 13th 2016, 5:46 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Geordie with Kiwi partner .. visa ?

just a head up. You are not legally allowed to look for work whilst on a visitors visa. Immigration know lots of people do it and generally don't get up tight about it. However customs can and they will be the first people you see on entry.
coming in with a Kiwi partner on a visitors visa may get you looked at more closely if you do not have an outbound flight already booked having money to purchase will not cover the requirement to have an outward flight booked, which could harm your chances of getting a permanent visa in the future.

Take from that what you will. as I say just a heads up that you may well get refused entry if you do not follow the rules of entry.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 6:14 am
Just Joined

kevhuntley is an unknown quantity at this point

It states you must have a flight or funds to purchase on all official immigration sites.
I have entered oz and nz many times sometimes with , sometimes without , sometimes without and skint .. it will not be a problem .. if the one in a thousand chance they insist ill book a flight in their presence.
Your not looking to work your looking for an employer, who is advertising for a position , they write you a letter of offer and you go see immigration. . I have a handful of friends in chch who have done this .. theyre desperate for people to help rebuild .. great opportunity for tradesmen that want to live and work there
Old Feb 13th 2016, 5:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I am not sure what the 30-35 work visa you are talking about?
I believe he is meaning BUNAC

It is an IEP - Work Exchange Scheme

Yes. There are options for you & I will come back to this later on today but could you please not discount what others been written about immigration visa criteria. Thanks.

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 13th 2016 at 5:26 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 8:02 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
thanks BEVS, I thought of that one, but its just a working holiday visa and its a standalone visa and only a certain amount are given so though OP had another one in mind.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevhuntley
It states you must have a flight or funds to purchase on all official immigration sites.
I have entered oz and nz many times sometimes with , sometimes without , sometimes without and skint .. it will not be a problem .. if the one in a thousand chance they insist ill book a flight in their presence.
Your not looking to work your looking for an employer, who is advertising for a position , they write you a letter of offer and you go see immigration. . I have a handful of friends in chch who have done this .. theyre desperate for people to help rebuild .. great opportunity for tradesmen that want to live and work there
End of day public forums are all about either seeking information or exchanging information some people will like some people might not. If the latter then can just ignore it as it is just someones interpretation and everyone is entitled to a view even if the OP might disagree with that view .If above works for you then fine all anyone is doing here is giving their view on the formal guidance that applies to any country where someone is not a resident even the UK. Good luck with however things turn out in the future.