General Work Visa

Old Sep 26th 2009, 10:27 am
Just Joined

ashaide is on a distinguished road
Default So we want to move

Hi there..

Myself and my partner plus two children aged 14 and 3 are looking to move away from the UK and to NZ.

My Partner has his HGV Class 1 license and I am a bar Manager with my own personal Alcohol licence. (I dont know how much use that is)

I would like to know if we can get into NZ with that trade he has. If so, HOW?

Who do we go to? etc..

Any info would be great Thx

Clair
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:51 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: So we want to move

Originally Posted by ashaide
Hi there..

Myself and my partner plus two children aged 14 and 3 are looking to move away from the UK and to NZ.

My Partner has his HGV Class 1 license and I am a bar Manager with my own personal Alcohol licence. (I dont know how much use that is)

Who do we go to? etc..

Clair
Hi Clair I seen the other day on here that there was someone who said that they were a bar manager and yes their job was on the skilled shortage list would not knwo about your o/h though, have you looked on the immigration nz website yet to check out the list? Be worth it, good luck and hope your dreams come true.

Tina. x
Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Cheers. I am looking for the list now so I can see Thx
Old Sep 27th 2009, 8:38 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there..

Who do we go to? etc..

Clair
Hi Clair,
Good on ya for taking the plunge!
Your Uk Alcohol Licence is no good here. You will have to take an LCQ Licence course (usually two evenings) & then apply for a GM Certificate or similar.
The way it works here is "similar" to Uk.
For the rest, me not know!

Good luck!
Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Thx for your reply

I am sure I can do that. At least I have it and I can change it over there.

Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:37 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Thx for your reply

I am sure I can do that. At least I have it and I can change it over there.

You don't change it, it's a new one.

I still have my UK one & now my NZ GM Cert.

Am clarifying as I thought I'd just change it over a bit like driving license but no...

HTH
Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Ok thx. How much did it cost for you to do that?

I was saying at least I have it under me, I can get a new one out there. But yes, That's my trade.

Cheers for the info
Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:42 am
Live from CHCH...

Ok thx. How much did it cost for you to do that?

I was saying at least I have it under me, I can get a new one out there. But yes, That's my trade.

Cheers for the info
Sorry dunno... Work was paying for all this...
Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:44 am
Just Joined

Well thats a bonus.

I have applied to 2 people I think about Bar managers jobs, I am just waiting to hear back from them.

It's a great job to do
Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:51 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Bar Manager is on the immediate skills shortage list which, from what I can tell, would mean a temporary work visa not PR.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Can someone give me the LIST then. As I have looked and I can't see it or find it.

Thanks
Old Sep 30th 2009, 12:55 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry,

www.immigration.govt.nz

This is the link to the NZ Immigration website which will contain all the information you need to answer any immigration questions.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/templ...ACHEHINT=Guest

The above is the link for the LTSSL and the ISSL for bar manager. Hopefully it will work but it not try:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...tialskills.htm

and type in the job title you wish to check the lists for
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:28 am
Just Joined

I just spoke to www.workpermit.com.. and they charge 1495.00 for their service. I think this is a bit steep. as thats not including visas's etc..

who have peope gone through?

Frustrated now
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Many or most of us have done our visas ourselves. This is whether they be for Permanent Residency or Temp Work Visas.
Some here have used Immigration Consultants.
If you wish to do this, then only choose one from NZAMI or IAA website. Shop around for price and double check they know what they are on about with regard to your own circumstances.

You learn about what is possible for you from the official New Zealand Immigration Website. Many of us have spent many happy hours perusing this 'free to view 'website to help us along our way

Can someone give me the LIST then. As I have looked and I can't see it or find it.
Eh ? Not sure why not. Where are you looking on the NZIS site?

You can find it on the Immediate Shortage List under the Essential Skills in Demand Lists HERE FYI it is occupation 141111 .
Go to NZIS website
Then Skilled Migrant Category
Look to the right for Toolbox
and then select Essential Skills in Demand
Search.

Look for Hospitality.

Occupation 141111 Cafe or Restaurant Manager is seen as a skilled occupation by NZIS per thie list of skilled occupations. You do have to satisfy their qualifications standards as with all skilled occupations.

Originally Posted by NZIS
National Certificate in Hospitality (Operations Supervision) Level 4 AND a minimum of four years’ combined experience in hospitality establishments WITH a minimum of two years at supervisory level or highe
This means that your quals need to match an NZ level 4.

The occupation is not in shortage everywhere.

Originally Posted by where in shortage by NZIS
Auckland/Upper North Island, Waikato/Bay of Plenty, Central North Island, Wellington, Canterbury/Upper South Island, Otago/Southland
The occupation is not on the Long Term Shortage List but is on the Immediate Shortage List, so no extra points for a skill in absolute shortage. However, as it is on the Immediate Shortage List then an NZ employer may offer you the position without having to prove that there is no NZ resident or citizen for the job.

Please note that for a HGV driver is not seen as a skilled occupation at this time so one cannot obtain PR via the skilled migrant route as far as any of us know. The exception being if a HGV driver gets a job offer via an accredited employer at $55K pa for arounda 40 hr week . Then it may be possible to go for a Work To Residence visa. Having said that, many of us have been around these boards for several years and are yet to hear from a trucker succeeding in this. Mostly , they seem to stay on temp work permits. We hear that tanker drivers may be able to achieve this but , again, are yet to hear from one actually achieving this to be honest.

Please note that I am just a plumbers wife here . I'm not suggesting what you should and should not do. I am simply pointing you in the direction of the NZIS website and the info you can find there for free and which is available to everyone and every member of the public worldwide.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Default General Work Visa

Ok. I have just found out that we cannot get in under the skilled migrant Visa, and we have to go down the GWV route.

I now have to trawl through employers to gain a job offer from the UK. Once I have found this, I can then start the visa process.

I had originally spoken to Visa First, who quoted me £2800 for everyone but that's not including flights.

I am wondering if anyone else is having to go down this route?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.