Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

General Medical or Limited Medical Certificate for Nz Partnership resident visa

General Medical or Limited Medical Certificate for Nz Partnership resident visa

Old Mar 5th 2020, 11:32 am
Just Joined

LucasUK91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default General Medical or Limited Medical Certificate for Nz Partnership resident visa

Hello,

My wife is an NZ citizen and we've lived together for about 8 years and she's recently moved back to NZ and I'll shortly follow when we've sold out house. I'm applying for a partner of an nz citizen resident visa but the document upload part my online application form says I require a chest x ray, a general medical and also a limited medical certificate.

I'll do the general if I need to but I can save myself over £100 if I only need the limited one.

Does anyone know for sure what I need?

I tried calling the nz number but it doesn't recognise when I press the correct number for the extension I need so I've been getting charged for nothing!

Appreciate the help as my general medical is booked in for tomorrow.

Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2020, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Wanderinggiraffe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: General Medical or Limited Medical Certificate for Nz Partnership resident v

Just seen this - I am also in the process of apply for Partnership visa. I have booked a limited medical is that what you did too?
Old Mar 7th 2020, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

LucasUK91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: General Medical or Limited Medical Certificate for Nz Partnership resident v

Originally Posted by Wanderinggiraffe
Just seen this - I am also in the process of apply for Partnership visa. I have booked a limited medical is that what you did too?
I went for the general medical which was more expensive but I believe it covers more than the limited. I was worried I would do the limited medical then find out I have to pay more and also delay my application.
Old Apr 13th 2020, 9:55 am
Just Joined

mso2411 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
My husband has applied for the same visa (i am an NZ citizen) and he just needed the limited, they even confirmed this at the medical to double check he had applied for the correct one

Side note - we also have issues trying to call NZ immigration, it doesn't recognise the number when we press the extension number!