G3,G4,G5 interrelated in EOI

Old Jan 22nd 2014, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

joshbay84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G3,G4,G5 interrelated in EOI

I am a Software Engineer with 8 years experience and in the EOI (for skilled worker immigration visa) I see -

G3. Please indicate the total number of years of recognised work experience

G4. Please indicate the total number of years of work experience in an identified future growth area. You need to note that work experience in an identified future growth area only qualifies for bonus points if you are also claiming points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment in an identified future growth area.

G5. Please indicate the total number of years work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage.

Looks like Software Engineer falls in G3,G4 and G5 and just bumps up my points. However, G3,G4 and G5 seem too much interrelated - am I missing something here?

Thank you
Joshua
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 10:01 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G3,G4,G5 interrelated in EOI

No, you can claim points for all three, if applicable!

Remember you do need a job offer to claim bonus points for G4. You do not need a job offer to claim bonus points for G3 and G5
Old Jan 22nd 2014, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

joshbay84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: G3,G4,G5 interrelated in EOI

Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
No, you can claim points for all three, if applicable!

Remember you do need a job offer to claim bonus points for G4. You do not need a job offer to claim bonus points for G3 and G5
Thank you, I have a query in G5 though. For G5, I see this -
PLEASE NOTE: You cannot claim these bonus points for your work experience unless you meet the specific requirements laid out in columns three/four of the Long Term Skill Shortage List.
in the EOI and

Bachelor degree(Level 7) specializing in Information Technology(Computer Science, Information Systems or other Information Technology) OR Bachelor degree(Level 7) specializing in Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Technology AND a minimum of three year's relevant post-qualification work experience
in column 3/4.

I have a Bachelor Degree in Electronics & Telecommunication and work as a Software Professional, hence looks like I might not be eligible for G5 ? or is do they consider Software Engineering and Electronics & Telecommunication related :-) ?