Full assessment or PAR???

Old Feb 6th 2011, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

clairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really nice
Default Full assessment or PAR???

Hi, I'm getting excited now, I am ready to have my quals assessed and start the ball rolling. I am a Primary Teacher with a 4 year B.Ed Hons degree. To start with, I haven't got the feintest idea how to start this despite googling for half an hour. Found NZQA but not sure if this is the right place, couldn't see where I would apply/the online form!

My other question is do I need the full assessment or PAR? I know PAR is cheaper so didn't want to pay the full whack unless I really have to. Am I right in thinking that the full assessment is $770??

Thanks Claire
Old Feb 6th 2011, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

clairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really nice
Default Re: Full assessment or PAR???

Is this the right place please?

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...ons-assessment
Old Feb 6th 2011, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold

You will need full assessment unfortunately. This is because to teach you need also to register with the Teacher's Council (yes, more cost) and to register with them you need full assessment.

Hope this all makes sense!

You can apply for full assessment and Teacher's Council at the same time though...
Old Feb 6th 2011, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, I have started the online assessment form but can't get back on the website now :curse:

Just out of interest, has the price gone up considerably just lately, I ask because when searching on BE for answers I can see people saying that they have paid their $400 for qual assessment!!! Think it was last year but even so isn't that almost a 100% rise!! Maybe they got their $ and £ mixed up!