British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Forward Planning..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/forward-planning-528986/)

Rock Ape Apr 13th 2008 11:08 am

Forward Planning.....

Hi,
We have just submitted our EOI and am starting to think about pre-empting some of the information that we will need to provide later. We have 175 points and 2 job offers so I feel have have a fair chance of getting selected but obivously NZ immigration may have other ideas!

With regards to the police & health checks, we have lived in France for the past 3+ years so does this mean we will have to provide evidence from the UK AND France? I presume (perhaps wrongly) that any information provided by the French authorities will have to be translated or can it be sent in its original form.

Also, does anyone have any views on living in the Howick area of Auckland? Have been told that it is quite nice and property there looks reasonably priced. We need to find a decent school for our 13 year old son so that is also a consideration.

Thanks

happynz Apr 13th 2008 6:00 pm

Re: Forward Planning.....

Yes, you will have to provide police clearances from France. Will they have to be translated? I dunno, but my hunch is that they would. Best to ask the French authorities if they might provide English language copies. My wife and I had to get Thai police clearances and those were issued in English.

Maz Apr 14th 2008 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Rock Ape (Post 6201325)
Hi,
We have just submitted our EOI and am starting to think about pre-empting some of the information that we will need to provide later. We have 175 points and 2 job offers so I feel have have a fair chance of getting selected but obivously NZ immigration may have other ideas!

With regards to the police & health checks, we have lived in France for the past 3+ years so does this mean we will have to provide evidence from the UK AND France? I presume (perhaps wrongly) that any information provided by the French authorities will have to be translated or can it be sent in its original form.

Also, does anyone have any views on living in the Howick area of Auckland? Have been told that it is quite nice and property there looks reasonably priced. We need to find a decent school for our 13 year old son so that is also a consideration.

Thanks

Where are you in France? I emigrated to the US from SW France in 1995. I can't remember off-hand if I had to have my (clean of course :D ) French police record translated. Please PM me to remind me to check! I still have all the paperwork. :) I'll post the results here. Off to bed now. (come to Wellington! If you're in the SW of France, the hills will help your homesickness for the place :) )

Rock Ape Apr 14th 2008 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 6205640)
Where are you in France? I emigrated to the US from SW France in 1995. I can't remember off-hand if I had to have my (clean of course :D ) French police record translated. Please PM me to remind me to check! I still have all the paperwork. :) I'll post the results here. Off to bed now. (come to Wellington! If you're in the SW of France, the hills will help your homesickness for the place :) )

We live in the Poitou Charente region and are heading for Auckland so unlikely to be around Wellington but thanks for the invite. I am mostly looking forward to being near the sea again - too long being land-locked!

newkiwi Apr 14th 2008 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Rock Ape (Post 6201325)
Hi,

Thanks

Police checks will be required from france and the uk and any other country you may have lived in (for more than a year i think). Everything needs to be in english.
(tell the french its because you dont like england anymore and want to leave to live in Nz, im sure they will be more than happy to help :) )

cant help re schools, howick seems to be a popular area

Rock Ape Apr 14th 2008 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by newkiwi (Post 6206981)
Police checks will be required from france and the uk and any other country you may have lived in (for more than a year i think). Everything needs to be in english.
(tell the french its because you dont like england anymore and want to leave to live in Nz, im sure they will be more than happy to help :) )

cant help re schools, howick seems to be a popular area

Thanks very much for that. I presume the NZ consulate in Paris may shed further light on this or is it included in the ITA paperwork?

newkiwi Apr 14th 2008 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Rock Ape (Post 6207178)
Thanks very much for that. I presume the NZ consulate in Paris may shed further light on this or is it included in the ITA paperwork?

On the police checks? The consulate may be a place to ask, I wouldnt hold my breath. The ITA paperwork may say something, I cant remember where I got the info from when I applied. A trip down to the police station asking how to go about obtaining a police clearance certificate may be in order too.