Firt step to take

Old May 7th 2008, 9:20 am
Onk
Just Joined

Onk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Firt step to take

Hi all. I have been refused a Australia visa due to some technicality but now I'm afraid of applying once again. I'd like to give it a try to NZ. I've quickly read the official site but I find it harder to follow then the aussie correspondent

So I have a few questions. First, I'm a civil engineer (my wife too). I have IELTS with 7 overall. What kind of visa would suit me? From what I've seen I should have a work offer. That means going there for some interviews. I seen that there are regions in which engineers are not a priority.

Please give me some general clues to put me in the right direction. Thank you.
Old May 9th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Firt step to take

Originally Posted by Onk View Post
Hi all. I have been refused a Australia visa due to some technicality but now I'm afraid of applying once again. I'd like to give it a try to NZ. I've quickly read the official site but I find it harder to follow then the aussie correspondent

So I have a few questions. First, I'm a civil engineer (my wife too). I have IELTS with 7 overall. What kind of visa would suit me? From what I've seen I should have a work offer. That means going there for some interviews. I seen that there are regions in which engineers are not a priority.

Please give me some general clues to put me in the right direction. Thank you.
I can't comment and give advice on your job, but I will tell you the basics.

First of all have you found the points calculator on the offical immigration website? you can as well register and fill out an EOI (Expression of Interest) form on line and it will validate your points as you go - you don't have to submit it, but it will give you an idea.

If you have 100 points or more you can be entered into the pool, the selected for the pool is every two weeks on a Wednesday. If you have 140 you will automacitally get pulled out and issued with an ITA (invitation to Apply), this is where you then have to prove everything you submitted on the application, all your exams and job offer if you have one etc.

If you have between 100 - 140 points you will get selected first if you have a job offer and then they work their way down. You will sit in the pool for 6 months maxs and if you aren't picked by then, unfortunately you are rejected from it.

Having a job offer will give you 50 points, working outside Auckland will give you 10 points, below the age of 40 will give you 20 points, etc etc, have a look at the calculator.

If you are lucky and you get picked form the pool and then Invited to Apply and you will have to have medicals which are only valid for 3 months don't do these too early and police checks only last for 6 months.

The above is for PR (Permanent Residence) visa.

Not sure if i have confused you or not, but this site has tons of info and help from other will be offered.

Good luck.