And finally....

Old Jun 26th 2008, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

nena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nice
Default And finally....

After 4 and a half months we have managed to collect all the documents required and we have sent our ITA to NZ house

I never thought doing this could be so stressful...... I still laugh when I think that the last document was something my OH could have done months in advance but forgot to do it.... his birth certificate , and I say laugh because it could only have saved us 2 weeks

So I just wanted to share my relief, as there were times when I thought we were never going to make it

Again really glad is done, now we can just relax and wait patiently........ who knows we may even sell the house while we're waiting
Old Jun 26th 2008, 4:21 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And finally....

Hi nena, don't want to worry you but.... isn't the deadline for submitting ITAs 4 months after receiving them? I thought it was anyway, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere if you missed this deadline you had to start from scratch again....

Hope I'm wrong though and it goes through without any hiccups!

By the way, we're neighbours, I'm in Swindon too!
Old Jun 26th 2008, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

nena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nicenena11 is just really nice

:
Originally Posted by Water Lily
Hi nena, don't want to worry you but.... isn't the deadline for submitting ITAs 4 months after receiving them? I thought it was anyway, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere if you missed this deadline you had to start from scratch again....

Hope I'm wrong though and it goes through without any hiccups!

By the way, we're neighbours, I'm in Swindon too!
Hi Water Lily, you are correct the "usual" time to submit the ITA is 4 months unless you ask for an extension, which we had to do as my police certificates from Mexico took a lot longer than I anticipated

Wow another person leaving Swindon I live in Old Town it where about do you live?
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:01 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, phew, thank goodness for that, I would have hated to be the bearer of bad news!!

So are you from Mexico originally then, or did you need police certificates because you lived there for a bit?

I'm in North Swindon by the big Asda, nice and quiet up here!

We also have sam.n.ian in Swindon, they already have PR (lucky things), maybe we could all get together to celebrate when we get ours
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I am originally from Mexico OH is English so been on this side of the pond for nearly 7 years now

My application was received the same day as yours so hopefully we will hear some news at the same time and celebrate I don't have a job offer so I am not expecting a call anytime soon.

Do you know where you are heading in NZ? We are going to Wellington as it seems to be the right place workwise but I would not say no to Christchurch if I get the opportunity
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand about the stress, I am a bit of an organiser freak, so I have been gathering paperwork way before submitting the EOI, the only thing i have left for my husband to do is get quotes for the shipping - at least this way I know the paperwork is done.

All the very best with the ITA
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

I know we should have done things in advance but I never thought my EOI was going to be picked up so quickly, my worse nightmare was having to rely on my family in Mexico to do my Police Certificates..... it took three times as much and lots and lots of chasing people around, mainly my dad .... the tip of the iceberg was finding out that OH did not have a birth certificate the day I received the last document from Mexico..... something he could have done back in February, BTW if anyone needs a copy of their birth certificate the express service (from the official government site)takes 3 days and is very reliable

Anyway teebrown, you are correct the best tip is to get everything sorted out before submitting the EOI specially if the qualifications need to be assessed as this alone took nearly 3 months
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:37 am
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Originally Posted by nena11
Yes, I am originally from Mexico OH is English so been on this side of the pond for nearly 7 years now

My application was received the same day as yours so hopefully we will hear some news at the same time and celebrate I don't have a job offer so I am not expecting a call anytime soon.

Do you know where you are heading in NZ? We are going to Wellington as it seems to be the right place workwise but I would not say no to Christchurch if I get the opportunity
Hola nena, ¡¡yo soy española!! Qué ilusión encontrar a un hispanohablante por aquí.... Yo llevo en Inglaterra 12 años ya, ¡hora de marcharme!

Ok sorry everybody, couldn't resist!

Perfect timing, sending our applications in on the same day, we'll have to keep each other posted!

We don't have a job offer either, we're going on my husband's application and he says he'll start looking for a job soon. If he got an offer then obviously that would take care of that side of things for us . I've just written this on a different thread, so sorry for repeating myself, but the truth is that having spent 6 months over there last year, we will find it very, very hard to decide on one place, as we loved the whole country!

Mind you, except for the very south, a bit too cold for me!! Christchurch is lovely and definitely high on our list, but I am worried that the climate might not be as warm as I'd like. Wouldn't mind living there for a bit though, we rented a flat for a couple of months there so it does feel a bit like home already.

Oh well, we'll see where we end up in the end!

Should definitely meet up for a drink to celebrate when we both (hopefully) receive our good news , stay in touch!
Old Jun 27th 2008, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Hi Water Lily I have just sent you a PM in Spanish as I couldn't resist the temptation either

On my application front.... well you may find out sooner than me as I sent the wrong birth certificate for my son, as I was not aware that the FULL version was required, and I also did not send my original of my degree as I thought once NZQA has seen it and approved it there was no need D'uh so I only sent the document provided by them...., we are all going with my application as I was the only one that could claim enough points..... I know we are doomed as I can't even get the form right never mind on time

So waiting for hubby to come home so he can go to the post office and send the documents back.... as I can't drive (thanks to a minor medical procedure) hopefully it won't be too long before I can send the documents

I must admit it was really nice to see the envelope this morning, at least I now know that they have opened the enveloped (optimism)

I know what you mean about the weather one of the reasons I am not sure of going to Wellington is the wind.... as I have heard that it can be quite bad some times

What kind of work does your husband do? As I am in a very specialized field of IT I think the possibilities for places are limited to big cities, is nice that you seem to have a broader choice