Filling in the EOI

Old Jul 8th 2013, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

tiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud of
Default Filling in the EOI

I'm just going through the EOI, we're not sending it off yet or anything but I want to get as much filled in in advance as we can so it's a quicker process if/when a job offer arrives. I've already got a question about it and am only a bit of the way through so I may end up with more later. I wondered if I could start a thread of questions for people who've already successfully done it? Hopefully this will also be helpful to any others. If this has all been covered elsewhere feel free to point me in the right direction!

The current question I have is:

On questions E2 and E3:
Tell us about your main employment in New Zealand
What is your main occupation in New Zealand? ....and....
What industry is your main job in i.e. the main activity of the place where you work?

Do they need filling in if he has a job offer from NZ but does not actually work there yet? Or is that just for people currently working in NZ?

Also does anybody have any tips for filling in E4 please?
Please indicate why your job is skilled. Give a detailed reason in support of your claim for your points. We recommend that you first check our definition of skilled employment.

TIA!
Old Jul 9th 2013, 3:13 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filling in the EOI

E2 and E3 are for those working in NZ and also those with a job offer. So you can't fill these in yet.

As for E4: look at the definition on the ANZSCO list for the job in question, explain how the actual offer relates to a job that is classed as skilled etc

I had no job offer on my EOI so didn't have to fill in E4 but there is a similar section later on. I explained what I did, the qualifications, study and registration necessary to work legally in my profession and the skills required. Really it's a bit of a waffley answer in most cases as it's usually quite obvious just from the job name that it is skilled; but it is quite bizarre trying to explain why exactly when you just want to say 'errr because I'm a .... and it's obviously skilled'!
I can't remember what you or your husband do but you could fill this bit in in advance.

Good to see you doing it yourself
Old Jul 9th 2013, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

tiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud of

Thank you that is helpful!

Out of interest, if you get something slightly wrong on the EOI (or ITA) is that it, chances kaput even if with the right details you still tick all the boxes? Or are they willing to work with you on it?

Also a question about the family bit: As I've said here before my OH is not my eldests bio father, nor adopted nor are we married. Can he put him down as a step child if we're not married or is that only if we were married? If not anyone know what we can do?
Old Jul 9th 2013, 8:30 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

If things are not clear on the ITA they will ask for clarification, this will just delay the process and they won't proceed with any other parts of the form until they are satisfied that the answers on that part are met.

As for you son afraid not to sure. I'm in sort of the same situation as you in that my eldest is not my husbands son, and we were married at the time time application. We left him off as we could not prove that we provided financial support, he was not living with us. I would think if you can prove that he is part of the family unit on a day to day basis then it would be fine but that is just my opinion. I personally would call or pop to NZ Immigration and ask them what documentation would be required. Sure its not the first time they have had applications like this and maybe someone on here will have personal experience to share
Old Jul 9th 2013, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you. I will be giving INZ a call tomorrow because we've just had some news, I almost daren't say it in case it makes it not true, but he has been offered a job in Whangarei! Feel a bit sick with nerves and excitement... how long is it until you actually believe that it could actually happen??? Nothing ever goes right in our lives, surely this can't?!
Old Jul 9th 2013, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tiger mama View Post
Thank you. I will be giving INZ a call tomorrow because we've just had some news, I almost daren't say it in case it makes it not true, but he has been offered a job in Whangarei! Feel a bit sick with nerves and excitement... how long is it until you actually believe that it could actually happen??? Nothing ever goes right in our lives, surely this can't?!
Woo hoo, congratulations
It takes ages until you realise it's real. After OH got his job offer we rung INZ 3times trying to make sure that it would all go ahead. Once we got the visas we were in shock and still couldn't believe it. Once here we were in holiday mode for 3 weeks
It's only now 6 weeks later, hubby is at work, kids are at school, I am doing chores all day long and cooking everyday etc that I am beginning to realise its real. Even my 8 yr old said today, I think we really live here now

Waiting for the furniture to arrive to put the icing on the cake

Good luck
Old Jul 10th 2013, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you! Haha that doesn't surprise me at all. I've already said that I won't believe it until we're on the plane but I'm not sure I'll even believe it then. I'm beginning to have practical thoughts like - omg how are we going to cope on a plane with three under 5s (!!) - and then freaking out that oh my god that's very real! I've always felt like a big fraud on here because deep down never really believed this could ever happen for us. Something's bound to go wrong - can't help but recite that mantra!!!

Last edited by tiger mama; Jul 10th 2013 at 12:57 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 5:34 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Wooo hooo! A job offer! Fingers crossed it all turns out ok

On selection NZIS assess your EOI to check it looks reasonable and may do some checking up, however you do not send in any documents at this stage so they cannot be 100%.
If all is ok then they send out the ITA which is basically a paper copy of the EOI, you can make changes if necessary. If you make some minor mistakes NZIS will contact you about them, they do have discretion and will not necessarily condemn your application for this. They will if you cannot provide documents for the points claimed but they do request more documents before doing this. So don't panic about making a mistake!!

I believe you do not need the father's permission for your son to leave the UK due to him not being on the birth certificate.
I can't remember how old he is but this is the definition of a dependent child if the child is under 17
are:
i aged 17 or younger; and
ii single; and
iii totally or substantially reliant on the principal applicant and/or the principal applicant's partner for financial support, whether living with them or not.
Have a look at the Operational Manual-under Residence- R2.1.30. There's too much to copy and paste!
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../Residence.pdf
I can't see there being a problem with it and I don't think you not being married is a problem from NZ's point of view [when it comes to dependent children]. Certainly for a relationship they don't care about marriage, it's the living together they want proof of. A marriage cert doesn't prove that

Good luck!