Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Few more questions about PR under SM visa

Few more questions about PR under SM visa

Old Jan 25th 2012, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

BenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Few more questions about PR under SM visa

Hello everyone

We have been busy for the last month filling in forms being proded and poked by doctors and have finally submitted our application to NZIS London, Just to recap for you:

15/12/11 Submitted our EOI (150 points)
16/12/11 EOI Selected
20/12/11 ITA sent to me

But i see on here that people submit the ITA WITHOUT already having a case worker, our caseworker sent her email address and contact number in the ITA, is this normal? I have already emailed her about the ITA and she replied the same day so she obviously is our case worker!

Now everything on our application is very straight forward and our presonalised checklist sent with the ITA was very very straight forward, our medicals brought up no problems so here is hoping all is good, but...

Our little girl was born outside the UK and have seen on here that they have pulled up people on similar thing so could this prove a problem? TBH this is one of the main reasons why we want to come to NZ as we travel around the world with my work and am only ever in a country for 4-6 weeks maximum and want a permanent job and settled lifestyle so would be ironic if that turns into a problem for them!
Old Jan 25th 2012, 2:07 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Few more questions about PR under SM visa

If you already have a job offer you will get a case officer at acceptance of your ITA. Now just wait for the questions..
I am just in the process of obtaining an Orthopaedic Surgeons assessment of a knee operation I had 4 years ago.......another £200....
Old Jan 25th 2012, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ah right that makes sense then!

Hopefully i dont get anything thrown up like that, had my right index finger replanted @ 16 years old but never ever caused any problems since, but was obviously noted on my medical.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 7:30 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

we are in the second stage of the process, have been approved in principal by case officer so now going through a second persons check.
My husband was born outside the UK but was bought back when he was 6wks old, he was asked to obtain a police certificate from his country of birth , obviously that was a ridiculous request so he had to get a solicitor to confirm that he was only there as a baby. So you may find that as you have travelled a fair bit they may ask for police certs from where ever you have been, which could take some time.

Good luck, we were told when we handed over all our paperwork that it was very straight forward and we could probably have an answer before Christmas, now we are nearly into February and school starts in a week and we are still waiting.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Well our update on the website says submitted and my card has been charged the full amount so obviously someone has at least looked at it!

It says pending and aren't we just, need to pack everything and then send it in the container, book flights etc etc just feels like entire life is on hold waiting for someone else's decision!
Old Jan 28th 2012, 7:14 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BenP
Well our update on the website says submitted and my card has been charged the full amount so obviously someone has at least looked at it!

It says pending and aren't we just, need to pack everything and then send it in the container, book flights etc etc just feels like entire life is on hold waiting for someone else's decision!
Yup and there,s nothing much to do other than wait. They pocket the cash instantly and automatically........means nothing I'm afraid.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

well we had an email from our caseworker on Sunday who wanted some more basic information such as emails directly from both my current employer and nz employer confirming what i have told this is true, also required a couple of forms which i was expecting and have now been dispatched to her, had another email today saying that if all the information in the emails adds up and my documents arrive then might be all sorted in the next 3-4 weeks!

lets hope all works out ok!
Old Feb 16th 2012, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by BenP
well we had an email from our caseworker on Sunday who wanted some more basic information such as emails directly from both my current employer and nz employer confirming what i have told this is true, also required a couple of forms which i was expecting and have now been dispatched to her, had another email today saying that if all the information in the emails adds up and my documents arrive then might be all sorted in the next 3-4 weeks!

lets hope all works out ok!
Lets hope they are UK weeks and not NZ weeks...
Old Feb 16th 2012, 5:43 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

fingers crossed for you. In our case once our case officer had approved in principal the file was despatched to another person to clarify which took another 2 weeks and then of course you have to wait for the stickers to be processed into the passports