British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   A Few ITA Questions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/few-ita-questions-525610/)

scottishnomad Mar 30th 2008 9:36 pm

A Few ITA Questions

Hi All,

Just putting my ITA together and wanted to double check a few things,

1) Should I include somewhere info about my finances? (A Bank statement showing you have sufficient funds to support or info from a recent property sale?)

2) My Partner has full time employment, not skilled, but I assume it would be worthwhile including her contract and job description to show she also has stable work?

3)I worked as a contractor in Australia via a agency, would immigration expect a letter from them as proof of my employment, if they stated who I worked for, timescales, job title?

4)The Family Proof of our De-Facto Relationship, any guidelines on what this should say, (something along the lines of, I can confirm x & y have been in a stable relationship since x date ) Anything else I should Add?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could answer these questions for me,

Thanks,

Scottish N

alanmacc Mar 30th 2008 11:40 pm

Re: A Few ITA Questions

Originally Posted by scottishnomad (Post 6134009)
Hi All,

Just putting my ITA together and wanted to double check a few things,

1) Should I include somewhere info about my finances? (A Bank statement showing you have sufficient funds to support or info from a recent property sale?)

2) My Partner has full time employment, not skilled, but I assume it would be worthwhile including her contract and job description to show she also has stable work?

3)I worked as a contractor in Australia via a agency, would immigration expect a letter from them as proof of my employment, if they stated who I worked for, timescales, job title?

4)The Family Proof of our De-Facto Relationship, any guidelines on what this should say, (something along the lines of, I can confirm x & y have been in a stable relationship since x date ) Anything else I should Add?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could answer these questions for me,

Thanks,

Scottish N

Hi Scottish,

I would def put in the job offer, with a confirmed job offer and contract it can speed up the process no end, this moves you to the top of the pile. Just make sure you clearly mark it as confirmed job offer with contract.

As for the relationship stuff........ bank statements, council letters, lawyer letters showing both names and even better in you can have a few in subsequent months.

Hope this helps

Alan

hjmilligan Mar 31st 2008 10:00 pm

Re: A Few ITA Questions

Relationship stuff can include; holiday photo's just put date on the back,invitations to you both,like wedding invites,we included tax credits letters addressed to us both too! Anything like this does speed up things,more the better.
Good luck
Helen :)