British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Feeling slightly detached...... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/feeling-slightly-detached-615456/)

Mudplug Jun 18th 2009 7:19 am

Feeling slightly detached......

Excuse the strange title but thats how its all feeling right now, we started this visa process very early in jan as i suppose alot of others did just after christmas, new year new start.
Everythings just been plodding along nicely, yesterday myself and 3 year old son went to our local post office and posted the most important document i think i will ever have to post, but it seemed so anticlimatic, back in the start i longed for that moment.
We still have a house to sell, altho i spend every minute trying to get it ready for the estate agents visit, always chasing my own backside never getting anywhere!
I read about others who have planned everything removals, flights, leaving partys!!!! we havent even told family or friends yet, but not expecting our process to be quick as we dont have a job offer at the other end.
Please excuse my little moan, but i do feel better for it!!!!!!!

RobDon Jun 18th 2009 7:56 am

Re: Feeling slightly detached......

Know exactly how you feel, its is a strange feeling posting that big parcel off isnt it?! Its a bit of an anti-climax after all the rushing round getting all your info together and checking and double checking everything is there!
Fingers crossed you hear something soon. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Lizaberry Jun 18th 2009 8:19 am

You go ahead Mudplug, that's part of what this forum is all about. Sharing the highs AND lows. Whilst you may not consider it to be true, you are actually in a very fortunate position in that you have at least been able to get the ball rolling , without a job offer. We don't have enough points to do the EOI without one, but like you, I am sat day after day reading similar posts about those who are planning this/that. My only thought is that we don't want to be in NZ til next July anyway but evenso, it is hard not to get carried away with everyone else's enthusiasm, etc.

So, I guess I just wanna say, you are not alone, and have lots of ready made friends on here to make life bearable in the meantime. We are all just at very different stages of the game - I'm still saving up to buy my tickets to the game, whilst you've bought yours and are just waiting for the game to start!

Good Luck with it all, LB, :fingerscrossed:

BEVS Jun 18th 2009 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Mudplug (Post 7675699)
Excuse the strange title but thats how its all feeling right now, we started this visa process very early in jan as i suppose alot of others did just after christmas, new year new start.
Everythings just been plodding along nicely, yesterday myself and 3 year old son went to our local post office and posted the most important document i think i will ever have to post, but it seemed so anticlimatic, back in the start i longed for that moment.
We still have a house to sell, altho i spend every minute trying to get it ready for the estate agents visit, always chasing my own backside never getting anywhere!
I read about others who have planned everything removals, flights, leaving partys!!!! we havent even told family or friends yet, but not expecting our process to be quick as we dont have a job offer at the other end.
Please excuse my little moan, but i do feel better for it!!!!!!!

I think it is possible to get migrant fatigue. I think I had this when I posted our ITA. We'd already been through months of battle and strife & I think I was just ker-nackered with it all.

It must seem like a right old slog when you read others are marching on sublimely.
This is as good a place to groan as anywhere. After all we are the ones that know how this all feels. You moan away. I certainly did at the time.

Mudplug Jun 18th 2009 1:03 pm

Thanks everyone for your replys, RobDons right it did feel VERY strange posting such an important 'thing' something which can dictate the rest of your life, and in some ways I feel slightly guilty cos it hasnt taken much work to get to this point, ive done such a good job of convincing myself that it probally wont go any further we will get turned down at the next checkpoint, good things like this dont happen to us.
But I understand now we are in a very lucky position to have gotton as far as we have, and if it doesnt go any further it was always worth a shot!!!

Lizaberry I wish you all the best of luck with everything, you will be riding this strange rollercoaster ride soon enough....