Fast Track.....

Old Mar 9th 2010, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

jussie2204 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fast Track.....

Hey all,

Parents live in NZ and now residents, me and hubby want to come accross and try it out with 2 kids, don't want the lengthy wait and process of applying for residence until we tried it...any ideas how we could get accross ?
Old Mar 9th 2010, 9:56 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast Track.....

Originally Posted by jussie2204 View Post
Hey all,

Parents live in NZ and now residents, me and hubby want to come accross and try it out with 2 kids, don't want the lengthy wait and process of applying for residence until we tried it...any ideas how we could get accross ?
Get on a plane

I'll get me coat
Old Mar 9th 2010, 10:08 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast Track.....

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
Get on a plane
I'll get me coat
Naughty

Originally Posted by jussie2204
Hey all,

Parents live in NZ and now residents, me and hubby want to come across and try it out with 2 kids, don't want the lengthy wait and process of applying for residence until we tried it...any ideas how we could get across ?
Eh?
Not sure I get the drift. Bit slow, me .

You are free to come out for a 6 month holiday if you wish and can afford that.

Otherwise, if you wish to live and work in NZ for a couple of years or so before committing to PR , then you will be looking at a temporary work visa . For that you need an NZ job offer first.

Your husband is a joiner. Yo haven't said what line of work you are in.

I can't find joiner on the NZIS shortages lists, so that means that an NZ employer would have to prove to NZIS that there is no NZ resident or citizen that could take that job, or train for that job. In other words, an NZ employer would not be free to offer your OH work until they can prove that there is absolutely no-one else resident in NZ to do that work.