British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Family work instruction, and the shocking NZ London helpline (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/family-work-instruction-shocking-nz-london-helpline-727268/)

Busymumto3 Aug 3rd 2011 9:36 am

Family work instruction, and the shocking NZ London helpline

Firstly, avoid the NZ London helpline. You spend 4 pounds before being given any options - they milk you for all they can beforehand telling you what is coming up. If they'd said in four minutes we will give you a menu but in the meantime we will just suck you for money, of course I would have hung up!
<RANT OVER>

Could you help?
My wife and I are going on temp work visas to NZ with three kids (on student visas). I am the primary application, and my wife (busymumto3) is going on the family work instruction. So, we need to prove our relationship - fine, got that covered. I also need to prove that we are going to be in NZ for the same length of time....?!?!

These are only temporary visas until our ITA and PR come through. So our intention is not to leave NZ. In any case, how can I prove that she will be in NZ for the same time as me? At the moment, I am planning on arguing that we jointly look after the kids, who are also part of the set of 5 applications, and thus where she goes I go (and vice-versa).

This is with reference to section N9 of the work visa application form:

Partners of persons holding a work visa current for more than six months must provide *all* of the evidence below.

I have attached evidence that my partner and I are living together in a genuine and stable relationship. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE - DONE

THIS IS WHERE I AM STUMPED...
I have attached evidence that my partner and I are intending to live in New Zealand for the same period of time
(eg evidence of intended travel to New Zealand if you are both overseas).
HAVE NO TICKETS YET AND THEY WILL BE 1-WAY ANYWAY.

I have attached evidence of my partner’s work visa or eligibility to obtain a work visa (eg a letter from INZ giving
approval in principle to the granting of a work visa).
DONE

I have attached a Form for Partners Supporting Partnership-Based Temporary Entry Applications (INZ 1146)
completed by my partner.
DONE

Many thanks
Husband of BusyMumTo3

Persephone Aug 5th 2011 12:58 am

Re: Family work instruction, and the shocking NZ London helpline

Hi Busydadto3
Always avoid phoning NZ House in London if possible!! I was lucky and lived close enough to go in and visit, cost of the train fare was less than using the telephone:sneaky:

All I can suggest is that you write what you've written on here about not having booked flights yet and that she will be coming with you and the children. If everything else stacks up then this may be enough.
I'm sure others have been in this situation and hopefully will come along and give you more definite help. At least it's bumped up to the top now:)

Are you sending in more than your marriage certificate as proof of your relationship? That may not be enough on its own. You need proof you are living together so bills, letters etc addressed to the same address. Apologies if you already know this

BEVS Aug 9th 2011 7:33 am

Re: Family work instruction, and the shocking NZ London helpline

I have attached evidence that my partner and I are living together in a genuine and stable relationship. MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE - DONE
Actually no. Not enough at all by a long chalk.. Kids together aren't enough either.
We had no kids but did have cats together - Still not enough:p

Please look here at the selection of evidence that you should provide. HERE

I have attached evidence of my partner’s work visa or eligibility to obtain a work visa
Not sure I understand now or have I missed something . Easily done.

You sent in all the applications together. Right?

That's your temp work visa ;
the student visa's
and
your wife's open work visa applicaton (under the family category), on the back of your own temp work visa application?