Family members for completing EOI

Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

GILDOC will become famous soon enough
Default Family members for completing EOI

Which family members do you need to include, mum, dad, aunt, uncle, cousin, is it just blood relatives and do I list my spouse's relatives? Thanks
Old Oct 9th 2009, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

GILDOC will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Family members for completing EOI

Can anyone help, my family is ok as it is quite small but husband has loads of aunts and uncles and cousins, do I have to include them all?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there we just put my parents and OH parents. He does have a sister in Oz and I have 3 sisters and a brother but did not bother to list these as from my understanding it's best to list those members of you family who may well intend on emigrating and using you as a sponsor.
Good luck on the EOI
Chris
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:08 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure what the latest rules are - what do the EOI notes say? It's over 2 years since we filled ours out but from memory I think we just put immediate family, mum, dad, sisters, brothers. My OH was the main applicant and listed his family on his application. I filled in my immediate family on my application.

Like I said I'm not sure what the latest information is so best to check on the immigration website, which I'm sure you're familiar with by now
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:11 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by alchris
Hi there we just put my parents and OH parents. He does have a sister in Oz and I have 3 sisters and a brother but did not bother to list these as from my understanding it's best to list those members of you family who may well intend on emigrating and using you as a sponsor.
Good luck on the EOI
Chris
yeah, alchris is right. we did put brothers and sisters down, but when we checked why did they have to go down on the application form, we were told it was incase they wanted to come to nz to live once we were there so that we can act as sponsors. Was a bit worried, thats why we rang as one of the family members have been a naughty boy and has criminal record and we pooped incase it would afect us, we were told that nothing is done with it (like searches ect) its just for future if they fill forms in and say they are realted to us and that we live there, that was a bit of a waffle on then was'nt it???

Tina. x
Old Oct 10th 2009, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

I have put down mum, dad, brothers.
My aunty and uncle live in NZ and we have added them and claiming points under "Close Family"
Old Oct 10th 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
I have put down mum, dad, brothers.
My aunty and uncle live in NZ and we have added them and claiming points under "Close Family"
Didn't know you got points for close family where aunts and uncles are concerned...anyone else done this???
Old Oct 11th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Well I am unsure as well.
So posted here to see what response I get.

If you select YES for close family.
The section where you fill in their details and select "Claiming points for this family member" includes Aunty.

If you read the official information nothing is mentioned.

In 2 minds as to what to do. Want EOI to be perfect.
The 10 points would take us to 145 as well!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

The NZIS site gives the following info re close family members, however they neglect to mention how close the relationship should be:

Close family in New Zealand
We know that migrants have a better experience and settle better when they have family already in the country. You will get extra points if any close family of yours are residents or citizens of New Zealand, and are living here when you apply and settle.

You will have to provide birth certificates that show your relationship with the family member. Your relation must not hold a current residence permit that is subject to Section 18A requirements.

Having close family in New Zealand will get you another 10 points on your EOI.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 12:56 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

From the NZIS Website:

SM17.5 Close family in New Zealand

SM17.5.1 Aim and Intent

The aim of providing bonus points for close family in New Zealand is to recognise that the presence of close family enhances prospects for employability and settlement.

SM17.5.5 Close family in New Zealand

A principal applicant qualifies for 10 points for a close family member in New Zealand if that close family member:

(a) is the adult sibling or adult child, or parent, of a principal applicant, or of the principal applicant's partner included in the application; and
(b) is in New Zealand; and
(c) is a New Zealand or Australian citizen or the holder of a current residence permit that is not subject to requirements under s18A of the Immigration Act 1987.

In all cases, a visa or immigration officer must be satisfied that New Zealand is the primary place of established residence of the close family member at the time the application under the Skilled Migrant Category is made.

The only place on the NZIS website where I can see Aunty listed as close family member is under the "Humanitarian" visa category.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 1:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Well I am unsure as well.
So posted here to see what response I get.

If you select YES for close family.
The section where you fill in their details and select "Claiming points for this family member" includes Aunty.

If you read the official information nothing is mentioned.
Hi again.

I have made a post to your other post HERE

NZIS do state clearly which family members will gain an applicant points.

The drop down section of the online EOI where one can select Aunty is T3. This is where you list details of your family members and relatives. This is not about points re immediate family members in NZ .

T2 is where one answers about immediate family members in NZ which could be worth points. The options in answer to that question is Yes or No. The help box for this question T2 states the same as it does in the NZIS operations manual.
Originally Posted by NZIS EOI help box for claiming points for immediate family in NZ
Close family in New Zealand

You can earn points under the Skilled Migrant Category if you have a close family member in New Zealand.

Your New Zealand family member must be you or your partner's adult brother or sister, adult child, or parent living in New Zealand. To be eligible to provide their support they must be a resident or citizen of New Zealand, and New Zealand must be their primary place of residence.
Hope this helps.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

When I get in tonight. I will have a look see.
From memory there is no actual section to state which close family members live in NZ.

Its a Yes or No drop down box.
Maybe that information comes later on in the application process, like the ITA.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 7:58 pm
TeamEmbo

Again:

SM17.5.5 Close family in New Zealand

A principal applicant qualifies for 10 points for a close family member in New Zealand if that close family member:

(a) is the adult sibling or adult child, or parent, of a principal applicant, or of the principal applicant's partner included in the application; and
(b) is in New Zealand; and
(c) is a New Zealand or Australian citizen or the holder of a current residence permit that is not subject to requirements under s18A of the Immigration Act 1987.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 10:58 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

From memory there is no actual section to state which close family members live in NZ.
but...but....but... several of us are quoting from the actual NZIS website.

NZIS are very clear about what constitutes close family members for points.

Please have a read of page 14 of the EOI guide available on the NZIS website.

LINK to pdf file

(you may have to click the link twice. I can never get the PDFs to open first time)

Originally Posted by luke and jo
Maybe that information comes later on in the application process, like the ITA.
The info is already there in the help boxes when you do your online EOI. It's in the NZIS operation manual , available on-line & the EOI guide.

The ITA is simply a hard copy of the EOI and you will be given a list of documents , evidence and information to provide.

Originally Posted by NZIS
4. Invitation to Apply Once your EOI is drawn from the pool, we examine it and if we find it credible, we send you an Invitation to Apply (ITA). You will have to show proof of the claims made on your EOI. This means medical and police certificates, proof of English language ability, and documentation regarding your skills, experience, and other factors.The application form contains the information that you provided in your EOI. You will check the information and return it to us with your documentation.
In case you don't realise, many of us are actual migrants that have been through the process ourselves.

Still, it is your application so up to you entirely of course.