Family Category (Parents)

Old Nov 21st 2012, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

lavalamp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family Category (Parents)

Originally Posted by alan118
Hello again
Can someone explain how long is "Pending" I have applied for the parent visa and on the NZ webb site it shows my 1st application and my 2nd EOI application which they received and acknowledged via email on the 17th August and they have told me that we are now on Tier 1 but next to each application it has Pending? HELP! thankyou again for your help
Hi
We have applied under the Parents Category. Our EOI was received on 2nd Oct and our application shows "Pending" and this will stay like this until the application is drawn from the pool. Your application should be in the 16th November draw, if they received it on the 17th August but as yet they have not announced how many applications were drawn, it should be within the next few days hopefully. I think out application will be in the Feb or May 2013draws going off the amount of applications they are receiving. They have to send all the applications that are picked to the London branch if in UK and they then check application before they send out ITA, the time for this seems to vary. Hope this has been of some help. Its not very nice all the waiting.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS
As with most categories, the parent category is oversubscribed & has been for years

Tier 1 takes presidence as we all know. I rather think that Tier 1 will take up all the places in the draws for a number of years to come. AFAIK they are drawn in date order.

To see how many applications are currently 'in hand' go to the skilled migrant fortnightly factsheet and scroll to the bottom of the sheet.

Latest factsheet HERE
Hi
Just a quick question. On my application on the INZ site next to the Pending where it says Visa Type it says "Special". I applied under Tier 1, I thought it would say Tier 1 here. Do they always put Special here. What does other applicants say here. Thanks for any help
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 10:13 am
Just Joined

cohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nice

Originally Posted by lavalamp
Hi
Just a quick question. On my application on the INZ site next to the Pending where it says Visa Type it says "Special". I applied under Tier 1, I thought it would say Tier 1 here. Do they always put Special here. What does other applicants say here. Thanks for any help
Hi Lavalamp
I just looked at ours and it says Resident. Did you apply for residency?
Colin
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Yes filled in the EOI to apply for residence visa under the Parent Category. Have you now got your residency or has it always said residence on yours. Did you apply under Tier 1 Parent Category. What does anyone elses out there say. Thanks for help.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

cohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nicecohurst is just really nice

No we've not got residency yet. It always just said resident on the site.
Colin
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Oh and yes we applied under tier 1 although we already had an application in under the old system but that won't have any bearing on the resident designation
Cheers
Colin
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

alan118 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lavalamp

Mine reads ,"Special Expression of interest , Pending"

but next line down is my 1st application and this reads

Visa Resident, Pending

Hope this helps Alan
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Yes thanks to everyone who replied to my "Special" question. Was'nt sure what this meant but seems most people have this on their application. Still waiting patiently for the November draw results to come out.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Family Category (Parents)

HELLO

Has anyone heard results from Nov,s EOI Family parents applications ? or am i being too eager
Old Jan 9th 2013, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Your being too eager. we were drawn in August and have just been told that we might hear something in the next 2 weeks.
Cheers
Colin
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Hi
Just to elaborate on my earlier post. We were drawn in August and told that we'd be allocated a case officer before the 24th of November, we heard nothing. Yesterday our agent informed us that INZ aim to allocate a case officer within 6 to 8 weeks of the selection process. They say that we should be allocated one this week and if we haven't heard anything contact them again. After allocation of an officer I gather it takes between 4 and 6 months before you're given the green light.
Cheers
Colin
Old Jan 11th 2013, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Hi Alan
Our EOI was selected in the November draw. We have not heard anything from London yet re our ITA. Its 8 weeks today since the draw so thought we might have heard something, but it seems everyone is in the same position. They would have had a lot to process this time. Let us know when you receive yours. Might try ringing them next week if not heard.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Family Category (Parents)

Thankyou for your replys I will keep my fingers crossed! Oh and i will be in NZ to see the kids and grandson for a month at the end of Jan happy days
Old Jan 13th 2013, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Hi
Following my earlier post we've now been told that INZ hope to allocate us a case officer before the end of the month. Fingers crossed.
Good luck
Colin
Old Jan 13th 2013, 8:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Cohurst.

So far then.
Selection August 2012.
Poss. case officer end Jan 2013.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.