extending holiday visa

Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

clairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the rough
Default extending holiday visa

hi does anyone know how i can extend my holiday visa?, we are waiting on police checks to come bk from the uk then we can start the process of applying for a working visa, but in the mean time i'd like to extend my 6mth holiday visa as i dont want to chance it running out,
would be greatful for any advice.
claire x
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:05 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: extending holiday visa

Go into any local NZIS office, fill in a form, provide evidence of funds and you are sweet.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

clairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the roughclairebeatty is a jewel in the rough

do you know what the requirement is for the fund???
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 6:30 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

From the NZIS government website:

Evidence of funds

You will also need to show us proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay. This means you have a minimum of:

* NZ$1000 per person per month of the visit, or
* NZ$400 per person per month if accommodation has already been paid for – we will require proof of prepayment, such as hotel prepaid vouchers.

Acceptable evidence of sufficient funds can be demonstrated in the form of:

* cash
* travellers' cheques
* bank drafts
* recognised credit cards with sufficient credit available – it is recommended that visitors have an up-to-date credit card statement.

Other acceptable evidence is a declaration by a New Zealand sponsor that they will pay for your accommodation and maintenance.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rs/default.htm
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:00 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

You'll get a 3 month extension and will have to apply for a 'final' 3 month extension when that one runs out.

Another way to do it is to pop over to Australia for a few days and come back to NZ and you'll get another 6 month stamp in your passport at the airport.

You don't have to show proof of income with the second method, but you do have to show a valid outward-bound ticket.