Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Expression of interest- points calculator

Expression of interest- points calculator

Old Jul 8th 2013, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Mr1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expression of interest- points calculator

Hi

I want to immigrate to new zealand under the skilled migrant category. While calculating my points i want help in checking whether my occupation falls under absolute skills shortage category.

I'm have a B.Tech degree in electronics from kurukshetra university. I have experience of over 10 years in IT field. While checking the list i believe i can get bonuc points in absolute skills shortage. Can anyone confirm whether i can claim bonus points.

Regards,

Mr1983
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:52 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expression of interest- points calculator

Welcome!

This is the link to IT on the LTSSL, it lists what qualifications you need to gain bonus points http://www.immigration.govt.nz/templ...=Guest&level=3

If you look here: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35171.htm you can see that Kurukshetra and BTech is on the list of recognised qualifications. This means you do not need to get your qualification assessed by NZQA

To gain bonus points for an area of shortage you need to fit into the list on the first link.