British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Expression of Interest Nightmare (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/expression-interest-nightmare-423030/)

Craigy123 Feb 1st 2007 7:43 pm

Expression of Interest Nightmare

Damn this stupid form is driving me mad :mad: i have a job offer and i speak english, but that stupid form does not have :-

o English is my native speaking language

why no option! , there has to be an easier way, i'm qualified but they say my qualifications are not recognised i have BTEC national , but only BTEC higher national and higher are recognised, they don't make it easy.

The people in NZ are expecting me to have a visa in 3 months at max , it'll take that to sort this out!

Jack The Lad Feb 1st 2007 7:54 pm

Re: Expression of Interest Nightmare

Originally Posted by Craigy123 (Post 4351602)
Damn this stupid form is driving me mad :mad: i have a job offer and i speak english, but that stupid form does not have :-

why no option! , there has to be an easier way, i'm qualified but they say my qualifications are not recognised i have BTEC national , but only BTEC higher national and higher are recognised, they don't make it easy.

The people in NZ are expecting me to have a visa in 3 months at max , it'll take that to sort this out!

Just put exactly that on the form "English is my native speaking language" :thumbup:

Cannot help with the other though.

Spacecake799 Feb 1st 2007 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Craigy123 (Post 4351602)

Hi Craig,
Don't panic the forms not that bad. I think you can tick a box saying you have qualifications taken in english. As for your qualifications you can send them off to get them checked ,it is'nt cheep, or if you don't need the points because of your job offer then don't add your qualifications. It gives Immigration less to find fault with. Hope this helps. carole:D

Craigy123 Feb 1st 2007 8:58 pm

Thanks all i have de-stressed somewhat i sorted the english part, the qualification advice was intriguing and helpful, got the offer of employment though and they state the following : Your first day of employment would be the 26th February 2007.
Surely i can't get a visa that quick.

P2L Feb 1st 2007 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Craigy123 (Post 4351872)
Thanks all i have de-stressed somewhat i sorted the english part, the qualification advice was intriguing and helpful, got the offer of employment though and they state the following : Your first day of employment would be the 26th February 2007.

When your EOI has been submitted you need to fax your job offer to London

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ssingtimes.htm

Read the section "improtant note for all applicants".

Make sure that you've got your paperwork ready, NOTE: NZIS will not accept emails or fax copies of anything. We submitted an emailed copy of my OHs job offer and then had a delay for the hard copy to come through.

If you look back in the last week, there's a list under Jacks thread re ITA telling you what you need. If in doubt SHOUT!!!! very loudly, someone will tell you.

Good Luck
Sarah

Jack The Lad Feb 2nd 2007 6:57 am

I think we ought to have a seperate Immigration part of the forum for us Kiwi's wannabe's. It will save us having to look through all the general stuff and also noy having to deal with those terrible OZ'ie things (MR Nice Guy exculded ;) ) :)

SirEglamore Feb 2nd 2007 7:35 am

If you have a job offer go with a "work to residence" visa. my mrs had hers back within 3 days:thumbup:

mcuddy1 Feb 2nd 2007 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Craigy123 (Post 4351872)

Hi
I have a BTech it is not recognised , if you have formal training which is well documented and produce the evidence they may assess you at level 4 which will give you 50 points in some craft based occupations. otherwise
you have job offer I presume on SSL . A work visa can be issued PDQ . Then you can go from there, cheers

Craigy123 Feb 3rd 2007 11:52 am

Thanks all for your replies, most appreciated as the NZ employer don't seem to be assisting much i guess it is up to me but it's difficult. Thanks ever so, this forum is ever so helpful.

P2L Feb 3rd 2007 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Craigy123 (Post 4358466)
Thanks all for your replies, most appreciated as the NZ employer don't seem to be assisting much i guess it is up to me but it's difficult. Thanks ever so, this forum is ever so helpful.

Even better to search, now it's been split Craigy. :D :D If you need any help, please shout out, we don't charge !!! (well maybe beer!!!):rofl:

Well done B.E!!! Get yourselves a large one on us!! Cheers :beer: :beer:

Craigy123 Feb 13th 2007 6:39 pm

Thanks update is i'm going for a work to residence visa like mentioned, seems alot more straight forward, i'm just getting the police check info posted tonight, then start the medicals next week or two, i hope i'm doing it all as should be it's a trife tricky, there should be some sort of post with the order things should be done and i would have sent for the police info straight away to buy me some time.