British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Expression of Interest has been successful. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/expression-interest-has-been-successful-473167/)

Kags1694 Aug 10th 2007 9:05 pm

Expression of Interest has been successful.

Was amazed in the post today came our ITA Pack, I have not checked website for a couple of days. We are busy getting the house ready to put up for sale.

We are both very excited but still very concerned we have sent by OH City and Guilds in Joinery/Carpenter Quals off to be accessed still waiting. We need a level 4.

Any body else had similar concerns?

Regards
Karen

nelsonpom Aug 11th 2007 1:00 am

Re: Expression of Interest has been successful.

Originally Posted by Kags1694 (Post 5174154)
Was amazed in the post today came our ITA Pack, I have not checked website for a couple of days. We are busy getting the house ready to put up for sale.

We are both very excited but still very concerned we have sent by OH City and Guilds in Joinery/Carpenter Quals off to be accessed still waiting. We need a level 4.

Regards
Karen

Trade Qualifications

The City and Guilds Part One and Part Two Certificates named below, together with evidence of a completed apprenticeship registered with a recognised industry body, are assessed as occupying Level 3 of the Register and will therefore qualify for 50 points.

Note: Visa and immigration officers must ensure that the Part Two Certificate is a full qualification (usually three components). Individual components of the Part Two qualification may be separately certificated. Most full Part Two certificates require completion of three components.

Other Trade qualifications not listed below require assessment by the NZQA.

Aeronautical Engineering Craft Studies
Agricultural Mechanics
Bakery
Brickwork
Carpentry and Joinery

Found this on immigration website, not sure if this is wat you have or not.

phil01 Aug 11th 2007 3:03 am

Congratulations on the EOI successful.

Yes as in oooh will my quals be worth that much...will my work exp count...will I get through the medicals...all goes round and round in your head but we got 215 points so if they knock a few off should still be OK.

Good Luck and you should be fine...be a huge relief when it's all done and dusted though!

P2L Aug 11th 2007 4:57 am

Regards
Karen

Fab news about your ITA :thumbsup:

have fun filling it all in ;)

RedMonsk Aug 11th 2007 8:54 am

Regards
Karen

Well done Karen! :thumbsup:

How many points did you have again?

Will be interested to hear what level they will assess your OHs qualification at, you know the problems we had!

Kags1694 Aug 11th 2007 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by RedMonsk (Post 5175637)
Well done Karen! :thumbsup:

How many points did you have again?

Will be interested to hear what level they will assess your OHs qualification at, you know the problems we had!

Hi Nicky

Hope you are all well, we have 125 points.

I am currently looking on internet for a job for OH, he applied for one the other day and Bryan was told he was over qualified.

How are you getting on?

Regards
Karen

RedMonsk Aug 11th 2007 4:11 pm

We're in a bit of a quandary as to what to do! Hubby's qualification was rated at a level 3, they knocked 25 points off our total which left us with 90 and out of the pool. :curse:

I have heard that they have increased points awarded in an EOI, but when I have completed the 'quick check', we still have the same points we started with! Level 3 qualifications are not listed on the LTSSL!

Push comes to shove, we will just go out on VV, get a job and then WTR. That's the plan, anyway!! :unsure:

Regards
Nicky

Divine Comedy Aug 12th 2007 9:54 am

Good luck!!:D

TeamEmbo Aug 12th 2007 11:24 pm

There are loads of jobs being advertised around the Christchurch area for carpenters and brickies are apparently in short supply here to. For anyone struggling to get enough points it might be worth just coming out, getting the job and then applying for PR. Yes, this is a riskier route but the jobs are here. For anyone wanting to go further afield, I heard recently that they're looking for 300 carpenters down in Queenstown. It's a beautiful place but expensive to live there I think.

hjmilligan Aug 15th 2007 1:28 am

Hi Karen, yes we were the same,hubby had all city and guilds,apprentiship and only got a level 3 hes in the painting and decorating industry. So we packed everything up and went over on a vv,got a job employer gave hubby contract which must be a year and went down to immigration and got works visa even the imigration officer said apply for PR striaght away.
Job going well and now put in our EOI
Good luck
Helen :thumbsup:

Kags1694 Aug 15th 2007 10:22 am

Originally Posted by hjmilligan (Post 5190388)
Hi Karen, yes we were the same,hubby had all city and guilds,apprentiship and only got a level 3 hes in the painting and decorating industry. So we packed everything up and went over on a vv,got a job employer gave hubby contract which must be a year and went down to immigration and got works visa even the imigration officer said apply for PR striaght away.
Job going well and now put in our EOI
Good luck
Helen :thumbsup:

Thanks Helen

We are hoping that it mite be put at a level 4 (we know deep down it won't
you would think that 26 years experiece would help)

Regards
Karen

hjmilligan Aug 16th 2007 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kags1694 (Post 5191606)
Thanks Helen

We are hoping that it mite be put at a level 4 (we know deep down it won't
you would think that 26 years experiece would help)

Regards
Karen

Even if its level 3 dont let that put you off!;)

KIRSTIE Aug 21st 2007 3:28 pm

hi karen

i am really pleased for you, :thumbsup:all systems go, hopefully mine will arrive soon after

with regards

kirstie

BEVS Aug 21st 2007 11:25 pm

I would echo a previous post. Don't let a level 3 put you off.

Congrats on the ITA :thumbup:

Kags1694 Nov 26th 2007 10:29 am

Regards
Karen

Update,
Received back assessment from NZQA only taken 4 months.

Bryan got a Level 4 for his Joinery/Carpentry & Level 4 for his Cad. :thumbsup:

Over the moon, because it has taken so long, we have had to get our date for returning our ITA extended.

Regards
Karen