exclude dependents

Old May 12th 2010, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

sufyan_victoria will become famous soon enoughsufyan_victoria will become famous soon enough
Default exclude dependents

can i exclude my spouse for skilled migrant category to newzeland and apply only myself alone, after getting myself visa approved later can i include to my spouse?
Old May 12th 2010, 10:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: exclude dependents

Why would you want to do that?

Ah ! It is because of IELTS and ESOL.

Last edited by BEVS; May 12th 2010 at 10:51 pm.
Old May 12th 2010, 10:58 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Why would you want to do that?
That's what I thought. It has got to be easier, cheaper and more certain for him/her to be on your application.
Not sure how NZIS would react to a spouse that was not included and then attempted to apply on the back of your application at a later date. It doesn't suggest a stable and genuine relationship to me and that is what they are looking for.
Has this got something to do with the English speaking requirements?
Old May 12th 2010, 11:43 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You would still need to mention your spouse on the EOI and explain why they are not included on the application. If you do not mention them then you are giving false information which would affect any later attempt to get your spouse in on the back of your application later on
My opinion but I think NZIS would be wary of offering residence to someone who had a spouse without a NZ visa and who does not fulfill the minimum requirements ie English speaking. You would have to explain how you would rectify and live with this situation ie apart! It would not show you as being fully committed to NZ or to your spouse. NZIS expect both!
It would be easier for your spouse to sit IELTS and see what he/she gets and then pay for ESOL if necessary or to bring his/her standard of English up to the minimum before applying.
Old May 13th 2010, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

sufyan_victoria will become famous soon enoughsufyan_victoria will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Persephone
You would still need to mention your spouse on the EOI and explain why they are not included on the application. If you do not mention them then you are giving false information which would affect any later attempt to get your spouse in on the back of your application later on
My opinion but I think NZIS would be wary of offering residence to someone who had a spouse without a NZ visa and who does not fulfill the minimum requirements ie English speaking. You would have to explain how you would rectify and live with this situation ie apart! It would not show you as being fully committed to NZ or to your spouse. NZIS expect both!
It would be easier for your spouse to sit IELTS and see what he/she gets and then pay for ESOL if necessary or to bring his/her standard of English up to the minimum before applying.
Thanks mate, yes indeed its due to IELTS and ESOL, i know better she is not capable to get 6.5 , to get this score i thought ,she need to spend atleast 6 months. Its not only the matter of saving penny but time.

I am afraid after 6 months my skill sets category would be remain at ISSL or not. As i have already been victimised of policy changes of Australia thats why wana make this way.But you peeps are right it does not show any commitment at all.
Old May 13th 2010, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of

I would not like to be a troublemaker but what do you plan for OH when eventually in NZ? You may or may not get a job that is good enough to get you all through the month. So she may need to participate and with poor or no English knowledge this may be mission impossible.

Just to give you an example, although I was principal applicant we both had to answer questions at the interview, my wife was only asked about jobs and me all the rest (including jobs). I am afraid there is no shortcut with NZIS. Either she needs to start with English lessons or you prepare a few bucks for ESOL. Even if you get through without your OH on the application (I highly doubt that) she would not be entitled later to PR on the back of your application and it would be impossible for her to go her own route with poor English.

To speed up the whole thing, the only option that crosses my mind is to go to NZ and get a job offer in your field, but this is a catch 22 situation: no visa - no job and no job - no visa.

I understand your frustration on Ozzie visa but try not overreact, sit down and think thoroughly on your "B plan".

All the best!
Old May 13th 2010, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ibex
I would not like to be a troublemaker but what do you plan for OH when eventually in NZ? You may or may not get a job that is good enough to get you all through the month. So she may need to participate and with poor or no English knowledge this may be mission impossible.

Just to give you an example, although I was principal applicant we both had to answer questions at the interview, my wife was only asked about jobs and me all the rest (including jobs). I am afraid there is no shortcut with NZIS. Either she needs to start with English lessons or you prepare a few bucks for ESOL. Even if you get through without your OH on the application (I highly doubt that) she would not be entitled later to PR on the back of your application and it would be impossible for her to go her own route with poor English.

To speed up the whole thing, the only option that crosses my mind is to go to NZ and get a job offer in your field, but this is a catch 22 situation: no visa - no job and no job - no visa.

I understand your frustration on Ozzie visa but try not overreact, sit down and think thoroughly on your "B plan".

All the best!
What is Plan B, i googled out the "Plan B" but invain.
Old May 14th 2010, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sufyan_victoria
You have to improve your Google skills

Plan B
Old May 14th 2010, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sufyan_victoria
Oh ! i am like shooting my feet with an old big gun , i thought Plan B relate to some NZ immigration process .
Old May 17th 2010, 12:17 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Ibex. I'm giving you karma for that post.