EWRB -ELECTRICAL REGISTRATION

Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice
Unhappy EWRB -ELECTRICAL REGISTRATION

hi everyone

i am hoping that someone can shed some light, and help in my hour of need, we have received our letter back from the EWRB so that paul can apply for a provisional electricians licence. however, we have a slight problem, we have proof that he has over 10 years work experience but we cannot get some of it signed off, one of the companies disolved and he has no contact with anyone that he used to work with, we have a p60 from when he was there for one of the years but they need the actual work experience signing off to say how many hours he did on certain things etc......
the same goes for another company where he served his apprenticeship we have all the paperwork etc, but again there is now no one left at the company who paul used to work with as they have either left or a couple of died

now we are stressed upto the eyes trying to sort this out when we dont know how
we cannot get a provisional licence without the sign off and we cannot get this done as we cannot get hold of any of the relevant people to do so.

our ITA is in, and i need to send this info on, but i know that they are going to turn us down as paul is not able to work , without having the work signed off

can anyone please advise us what we can do now, it feels at the moment that our dream is just disappearing .

with regards

kirstie
Old Nov 29th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: EWRB -ELECTRICAL REGISTRATION

Sorry Kirstie - I can't be much help. Can he get in contact with anyone he worked with even though the company doesn't exist?

I know how you must be feeling and I hope you find an answer.

Alison
Old Nov 29th 2007, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi alison

he is not sure where everyone is as the company disolved about 6 years ago, he is in touch with one of the guys he worked with but he was not his supervisor or manager, but i think paul is going to have a chat with him to see if he can point us in the right direction

with regards

kirstie
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:33 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OK. Try contacting Nick Chandler .

Nick Chandler of Chandler Consulting Limited

[email protected]

He runs the safety courses at NZIS house in London. He should know what's what.

Lardyl on this site knows him, so perhaps try a PM to Lardyl.

You won't be the only sparky who has found themselves in this position. Not that it is any consolation, I know. Hopefully N Chandler can offer some help.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

KIRSTIE;
he can make a stat dec declaring the company's he worked for have closed down & there is no body to contact anymore due to death or the owners have moved from the area. If he has the stat dec signed & dates with a magistrate then thats a legal document. there is not much else the people assessing him can do if the info is not there then they must rely on the dec supplied. best of luck just keep pushing them dont expect anyone to do anything for you, if things seem like they are at a stand still then phone them talk to the people direct, then you know where you stand.

also write down any communication you have with them dates time,thats your proof you have been in contact with the right people.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Phill Maciver is an unknown quantity at this point

If Pauls old companies were registered with NICEIC then this organisation may have officially inspected some jobs he may have worked on during his time with the now non-excistant companies. They could possibly provide authentication of the types of installations he had worked on during his time with his previous employers.
The NICEIC have to inspect a percentage of a registered members company anually so as to maintain the company membership.
They should hold records of specific jobs his old firms had installed and tested.
Also if his old companies had worked for a Main Contractor ie. Gleesons etc, they may still hold Induction Forms prooving he was at that specific site in the capacity of an electrician etc.
It may be a long shot but an explanation as to why this information would helpful to prove Paul did work for X employer, on X job/s, for X time, and to a acceptable NICEIC standard.
If Paul carried out any Inspection & Testing of any installations, those test result sheets, with his name and date on, may still be at the specific sites, or copies possibly with the NICEIC.