British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Essential Skill's Visa Sopporting Evidence (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/essential-skills-visa-sopporting-evidence-824865/)

alan83 Feb 12th 2014 2:08 pm

Essential Skill's Visa Sopporting Evidence

Excuse my type-o above...my bad
The form asks for supporting evidence to be sent in way of

1. Evidence of work experience relavent to Job Offer
2. Evidence that I met or able to meet any neccessary new zeland registration requirements.

Can I any clarify what these would be?? I'm guessing Work experience would be my CV??

Persephone Feb 12th 2014 3:00 pm

Re: Essential Skill's Visa Sopporting Evidence

No, your CV would not be acceptable as proof of prior work experience. After all you could make that up! Not implying anything there:)

You need things like contracts, first and last payslips, references on headed paper, tax records etc. Basically anything official.

As for proof of registration: email communication or letters from the reg body, certificates and so on. My reg body actually emailed INZ directly (and quite snottily!) when they didn't accept everything I had on file. Apparently it had happened before...So that could be another option.

alan83 Feb 12th 2014 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 11126477)
No, your CV would not be acceptable as proof of prior work experience. After all you could make that up! Not implying anything there:)

You need things like contracts, first and last payslips, references on headed paper, tax records etc. Basically anything official.

As for proof of registration: email communication or letters from the reg body, certificates and so on. My reg body actually emailed INZ directly (and quite snottily!) when they didn't accept everything I had on file. Apparently it had happened before...So that could be another option.

Like I said I was guessing there...I have nothing of any relevance to the job offer as I've been of the tool's for over 5 year's and have no contact with any previous employer's or wage slip's.

excuse my thickness but im unsure who you mean by registration body??

alan83 Feb 12th 2014 3:50 pm

I've actually just phoned the london office for INZ and my guess was actually right, My CV is an accepted form of job related evidence along with my qual certificates and any other evidience relating to the job offer I've been given.

The registration body doesn't apply to me... it's doctor's, dentist's, gas, and electricians etc.

Persephone Feb 14th 2014 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by alan83 (Post 11126572)
I've actually just phoned the london office for INZ and my guess was actually right, My CV is an accepted form of job related evidence along with my qual certificates and any other evidience relating to the job offer I've been given.

The registration body doesn't apply to me... it's doctor's, dentist's, gas, and electricians etc.

Interesting! Though you are talking about an Essential skills visa here. The applicant has to prove they are skilled at the job offered, this can be by having the correct qualification but in some occupations a certain amount of work experience can substitute the formal qualification.
So the amount of work experience (if any) might be irrelevant. In which case a CV is acceptable because you don't necessarily need to prove any work experience.

Just in case we were talking at cross purposes, I took your post to mean a CV as the only form of proof of work experience.
If having a set amount of experience is essential for your visa (and it may not be for you) then a CV on its own will not be enough. If INZ accept a CV as the only proof of work experience then that would be a massive loophole. Despite what you have been told, you may find the one processing your application will not be as accepting... However do you need to show more than a qualification? That depends on what ANZSCO says for your job!

I assumed you asked about registration because you needed it:D

When assessing whether an applicant is suitably qualified by training and experience for a particular occupation, immigration officers must consider whether:
the applicant holds a relevant qualification which is comparable to the qualification described for that occupation in the ANZSCO; or
the applicant has the relevant work experience that the ANZSCO indicates may substitute for the required qualification; or
the employment is in an occupation included on the Essential Skills in Demand Lists and the applicant meets the relevant requirements specified for that occupation.
Immigration officers must be satisfied that the qualifications and/or work experience provided by the applicant are relevant to their proposed job in New Zealand.

WK1.10 Verification of documents

Immigration officers must be satisfied that all documents provided as evidence of qualifications and work experience are genuine and accurate, and may take any steps they determine necessary to verify such documents and the information they contain.
All documentation provided must be independently verifiable to an immigration officer's satisfaction.

alan83 Feb 14th 2014 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 11130185)
Interesting! Though you are talking about an Essential skills visa here. The applicant has to prove they are skilled at the job offered, this can be by having the correct qualification but in some occupations a certain amount of work experience can substitute the formal qualification.
So the amount of work experience (if any) might be irrelevant. In which case a CV is acceptable because you don't necessarily need to prove any work experience.

Just in case we were talking at cross purposes, I took your post to mean a CV as the only form of proof of work experience.
If having a set amount of experience is essential for your visa (and it may not be for you) then a CV on its own will not be enough. If INZ accept a CV as the only proof of work experience then that would be a massive loophole. Despite what you have been told, you may find the one processing your application will not be as accepting... However do you need to show more than a qualification? That depends on what ANZSCO says for your job!

I assumed you asked about registration because you needed it:D

I was asking as I was double checking I have all the supported documents listed on the app form, those 2 were the only ones I was unsure about.

The girl I spoke to said any evidence that show relavent work experience in same field as your job offer will help your application, along with the correct qualification's.
Registration doesn't apply to me as Joiner's are do not need to register to a professional body.

To be honest unless you take an INZ officer out for the day and show them the thing's you've built whilst working for your previous employers or knocking up a door & frame infront of them, there isn't a great deal you send as job related evidence. (In my view)

Persephone Feb 15th 2014 1:22 pm

To clarify for anyone else reading this; if you absolutely need to prove work experience in order to be granted a visa, then the following applies. This is what INZ class as proof:

Work experience
The evidence you provide to prove your work experience claims will be things like references on company letterhead, pay slips, job specifications, tax records, letters of appointment, and contracts.
You can send in a CV along with the above of course! Bear in mind that if you have the correct qualifications then you may not need to prove work experience at all.
P:)