long stay visitor visa

Old Jan 13th 2017, 2:07 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default long stay visitor visa

On the basis that we do not have family in NZ, is it possible for a British retired non-working couple over aged 65 with the financial means to stay in NZ as tourists for longer than 6 months, say up to 12 months at any one time?

Can a 6 month or 9 month visa be extended, or anyone have any experience with it?

If so, can anyone provide information on this please?
Old Jan 13th 2017, 7:25 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: long stay visitor visa

you can extend it to 12 months but you then have to be outside of NZ for another 12 months before returning.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s/visitor-visa
Old Jan 13th 2017, 10:00 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
you can extend it to 12 months but you then have to be outside of NZ for another 12 months before returning.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...s/visitor-visa
thank for the reply & link, its one option that could work for us, then look at other options including Australia & other parts of the world

We weren't prepared to go the '2 year temporary retirement visa'... just because its too restrictive.

c&p'd

The temporary retirement visa

"The temporary retirement visa offers a two-year permit for British people who wish to spend some of their retirement in New Zealand, provided that they invest in the country.

It requires at least NZD $750,000 (approximately £375,000) in qualifying investments, as well as NZD $500,000 (£250,000) for maintenance, and an annual income of at least NZD $60,000 (£30,000) from pensions and other investments. This visa can be renewed after two years, provided that settlers continue to meet the criteria"
Old Feb 2nd 2017, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Sid_goes_Welly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I'm here on my 6 month visa waiver. I am going to need more time. Is the max extra time you can apply for only 3 months? Ideally I am hoping to apply for my work visa before the visitor visa expires.

Thanks

S
Old Dec 18th 2017, 7:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joannesmith90
The Visitor Visa (subclass 600) allows you to stay in Australia for:

a stay of up to 12 months, or a shorter period, depending on the purpose of the visit and your personal circumstances; and

as a single or multiple entries to Australia.
You are replying to a thread in the New Zealand forum, not Australia, added to which it is nearly a year old.