Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Essential skills and partner visa current timescales

Essential skills and partner visa current timescales

Old Nov 14th 2014, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

darbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud of
Default Essential skills and partner visa current timescales

Hi all. I'm expecting the final piece of paperwork in today's post for our visa applications to be sent to London next week.

Website timescales for processing are currently 20 working days. Does anyone know if it actually takes that long at the moment or if they are likely to come back any quicker?

Due to various circumstances, we are vacating our house on 13th December and need to arrange shipping prior to that, so getting a bit anxious on dates.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Essential skills and partner visa current timescales

My essential skills visa took 5 days but that was IN NZ I think you are far better off planning for and assuming the longest time scale than banking on the shortest it'll save on stress in the long run .
Old Nov 17th 2014, 7:14 am
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Depends if all info needed is there and how busy they are. I'd assume 20 days better to then bank on it taking a week or two. Good luck
Old Nov 27th 2014, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

darbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Essential skills and partner visa current timescales

Thanks for the replies.

In answer to my own question, it only took a week! Passports arrived back last night with the visas in. I am so shocked!
Old Nov 27th 2014, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Chel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond reputeChel42uk has a reputation beyond repute

Yay that's great news!