Er- really daft visa question

Old Mar 30th 2009, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Curlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really nice

This is going to sound extremely silly I know, but I'm getting really confused (you wouldn't think I had a degree!). I've just filled out a form, but I don't know quite what it is, it hasn't mentioned any points at all, but has said I'm successful. The page is"Welcome to the New Zealand Visa Bureau Skilled Visa Online Assessment form"
I've just had an email back saying "Congratulations on passing New Zealand Visa Bureau's Online Skilled Visa Assessment.
You have taken the first small step on the path to a new life in New Zealand. Having now passed the online skilled assessment you should feel confident you meet the basic requirements for immigration to New Zealand under the Skilled Migration Category. This is a very positive sign as most individuals do not meet the basic legislative requirements necessary for immigration to New Zealand."
Is it just a guideline about whether or not I would be eligible to get into NZ or have I just filled out something more serious? Thanks

It's okay, I've managed to work out what it was. There are so many different sites it's confusing

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 30th 2009 at 10:23 pm. Reason: merge
Old Mar 30th 2009, 10:30 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Er- really daft visa question

Oh dear.
That is an immigration agency who charge people a fee. They are not NZ specific. It's a business.

This
This is a very positive sign as most individuals do not meet the basic legislative requirements necessary for immigration to New Zealand
isn't strictly correct if you come under the skilled migrant category.

Can we help from here...for free?
We can let you know about how the process works. If your occupation is on the shortage lists. What the timelines are like and all sorts of other items that relate to a possible move to New Zealand.

If you want to try a test to see if you could be eligible, then official place to do this from is the NZIS POINTS INDICATOR.

You would be looking for points over 100 and anything towards and over 140 is great. Anything in between is still very possible.

ps
Teachers

There are several teachers here who have been through or are going through the process of assessment and registration. Perhaps start a thread here to ask them about the ins and the outs.

meanwhile
NZ teacher Council of NZ.

Last edited by BEVS; Mar 30th 2009 at 10:37 pm. Reason: points
Old Mar 31st 2009, 6:08 am
Just Joined

Curlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really niceCurlywurli is just really nice

Thanks I realised that when I then got an email saying actually I might not get in and that they could easily help me etc, etc. I'll be more careful about the sites I check in future. Thanks
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:51 am
`

OK

So how are your points .
Care to share?
Old Mar 31st 2009, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

They seem to be 120. The difficulty is my teaching area, secondary and early years are in need and from what I've read Primary Teaching (my job) is in need in Auckland, but that doesn't show up as a subject in need across the board. If it did, I'd have more points.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:01 pm
`

Hhmm. 120 is pretty good.

I have heard that primary teachers have a bit of a tough time getting a full time contract anywhere in NZ.

I'd stick up a thread in the main forum about teaching in NZ. I seem to remember that one Ton of Wiznton is a primary teacher and I know there are several others on the board.

They may have some helpful info.