British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI - What are the odds? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-what-odds-531018/)

Rock Ape Apr 21st 2008 2:42 pm

EOI - What are the odds?

Hi,
We submitted out EOI about 10 days ago with 175 points and 2 job offers. Am I right in assuming that we will automatically be selected this time around?

Thanks

Persephone Apr 21st 2008 7:03 pm

Re: EOI - What are the odds?

Anyone with over 140 points will be picked out automatically every draw so the answer is YES! :thumbsup:

Rock Ape Apr 21st 2008 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 6244300)
Anyone with over 140 points will be picked out automatically every draw so the answer is YES! :thumbsup:

Thanks very much for clarifying that.

Persephone Apr 21st 2008 9:14 pm

Read somewhere that the next draw is 23rd April so 2 days time. Well more like one and a half as it's 23rd April NZ time. Assuming they still do it at 1pm that would make it 2am on the 23rd in the UK if you want to stay up !!

Just log onto the NZIS website and it will hopefully say you've been selected. Just out of interest what does it say once you've submitted an EOI but not been selected?

Sue :D

BEVS Apr 21st 2008 10:51 pm

Next pool draw is 23rd April

Originally Posted by SueR
Just out of interest what does it say once you've submitted an EOI but not been selected?

Good question. I assume the status doesn't change unless drawn from the pool.

Persephone Apr 21st 2008 11:21 pm

Just out of interest what does it say once you've submitted an EOI but not been selected?
Sheer chance, turns out that late night many months ago filling in my EOI resulted in me submitting it 30 minutes before the next draw! So next time I checked it, it said selected. There was no inbetween phase.
And yes it still says "selected" :curse:

BEVS Apr 22nd 2008 2:06 am

I do know that once selected, if that EOI is not going to be successful & there will be no invitation to apply - ITA - then there will be a message stating that and also a letter.

Rock Ape Apr 23rd 2008 5:06 am

Originally Posted by BEVS here (Post 6245761)
I do know that once selected, if that EOI is not going to be successful & there will be no invitation to apply - ITA - then there will be a message stating that and also a letter.

Hooray! Been selected - now its a case of 'hurry up & wait'!

Maz Apr 23rd 2008 12:37 pm

Huzzah! :D :D :D

We waited 3 weeks after being selected... but we were already here and with me already working here (210 points ner ner ner ner ner (kidding!!! :rofl: ))

Are you both in IT or healthcare?

Rock Ape Apr 23rd 2008 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 6253498)
Huzzah! :D :D :D

We waited 3 weeks after being selected... but we were already here and with me already working here (210 points ner ner ner ner ner (kidding!!! :rofl: ))

Are you both in IT or healthcare?

No, I'm a Chartered Building Surveyor with 2 job offers.

BEVS Apr 23rd 2008 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Rock Ape (Post 6251677)
Hooray! Been selected - now its a case of 'hurry up & wait'!

Good news. :)

George2008 Apr 24th 2008 3:33 am

You will be automatically selected - however once Immigration NZ have selected you they will then conduct a check. Normally you will receive a letter or email from them advising you that they have selected you and that they are conducting additional checks and will be in contact with you shortly.

Simon