From EOI to Visa/Permit - how long?

Old Feb 7th 2008, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default From EOI to Visa/Permit - how long?

we're just about to complete our EOI and I'm wondering what peoples experiences are on how long it's taken to get from EOI to visa/permit...

I've searched the threads but couldn't really find this info in one place - perhaps i haven't searched very well, being a newbie?!

i realise everyones situation and experiences will be different, but we would find it really helpful to hear about them! (or if someone can point me in the right direction to find all this info, if it's already here!)

cheers

Jen
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:00 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From EOI to Visa/Permit - how long?

We're on our way!!!...plus timescales for NZ house

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case officer just called.....watch out we're in....PR GRANTED

See you all soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EOI submitted 8th Oct 07 (120 points - no job offer)
EOI selected 10th Oct
Job offer faxed to London 22nd Nov
ITA received 27th Nov
ITA submitted 28th Jan
PR granted 7th Feb 08

Never hurts to send an odd email or two to NZ House!!! Keep those spirits up all those still waiting

Tan & co
This was our experience and just found out today ....many more will be along with their experiences soon I'm sure
Old Feb 7th 2008, 4:54 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Really does depend on where you are and if you have a job offer in the Skilled Migrant Category or not.

Us: EOI on 5th Nov, ITA rec'd 3 weeks later, gave all docs (plus $1,400 ITA fee ) to NZIS on 18th Dec, have case officer and docs/passports have been returned. Probably get PR before Easter. And that's with job offer and already working for an accredited employer.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 3:46 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Us: EOI on 5th Nov, ITA rec'd 3 weeks later, gave all docs (plus $1,400 ITA fee ) to NZIS on 18th Dec, have case officer and docs/passports have been returned. Probably get PR before Easter. And that's with job offer and already working for an accredited employer.
I wonder if they're taking longer because you're already there working? It would seem odd otherwise when you consider our experience

Not sure why you haven't got a decision if they've returned your documents. I say this as our case officer called to ask whether we wanted the stickers putting in ( will take another 2 1/2 weeks) before they returned our documents/passports or did we want to send them in again at a later date.

Tan
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:02 am

Hey - think you just made me my 100th post and a Senior member I feel like I belong now for some reason

....as usual going off on a tangent. Have been called tangent Tanya often

Tan
Old Feb 8th 2008, 5:10 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tan0410
I wonder if they're taking longer because you're already there working? It would seem odd otherwise when you consider our experience

Not sure why you haven't got a decision if they've returned your documents. I say this as our case officer called to ask whether we wanted the stickers putting in ( will take another 2 1/2 weeks) before they returned our documents/passports or did we want to send them in again at a later date.

Tan
What do you mean, taking "longer"? This is pretty fast, all told. We got our passports back between xmas and new year, and our documents last week. Case officer is over halfway through with everything, I have nothing to complain about.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 7:59 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

We put in our EOI at the end of December 2006, was selected the following day, received our ITA the following week and subitted that on January 18 2007. PR was then granted to us on 20 March and we landed in NZ on 10 April 2007!!!!!!

Bearing in mind that we had a job offer from an accrediated employer, no major ( but plenty of minor!!) hiccups with our medicals, we are pretty 'average' on the time scales.

It really is a question of 'how long is a peice of string', so comparing time lines, IMO is NOT a good idea. It leads to you getting increasingly frustrated with the machine that is NZIS and really does play havoc with your mental and emotional state, which is pretty much already buggered by the whole process anyhow!!!!

We adopted the attitude of what will be will be, and in the meantime we attempted to carry on our lives as normally as possible, both for our sakes and those of our kids.

Good Luck Jen and remember when the going gets tough, wine dulls the senses and chocolate makes you smile!!!!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 8:50 am

What do you mean, taking "longer"? This is pretty fast, all told. We got our passports back between xmas and new year, and our documents last week. Case officer is over halfway through with everything, I have nothing to complain about.
God i'm going to have to learn to be more patient when I land on NZ soil....
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:24 am
Account Closed

ace... thank you all!

another question for your thoughts then.... we don't want to go anywhere until we've sold the house - the plan is to get into rented and then sort everything out - jobs, shipping etc....

SO.... should we be doing our EOI now without any sign of the house selling anytime soon, or should we hang fire until we've sold the house, but potentially end up waiting for months for EOI etc to progress?!?

all thoughts very welcome!

cheers

Jen
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:28 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stoof
ace... thank you all!

another question for your thoughts then.... we don't want to go anywhere until we've sold the house - the plan is to get into rented and then sort everything out - jobs, shipping etc....

SO.... should we be doing our EOI now without any sign of the house selling anytime soon, or should we hang fire until we've sold the house, but potentially end up waiting for months for EOI etc to progress?!?

all thoughts very welcome!

cheers

Jen
Get the phone book out NOW!!

The house not selling will probably be the thing that will stop dreams from becoming reality
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Get the phone book out NOW!!

The house not selling will probably be the thing that will stop dreams from becoming reality
er, am obviously being a numpty - teething induced sleep deprivation possibly to blame (little ones - not mine!!)

but - do you mean we should do EOI now or wait til house sold?

house is on the market and has been for 4 months - we got offer at asking price first weekend but they can't sell theirs, and no one else is interested!?

words of one syllable please!!

thanks everso

Jen
Old Feb 9th 2008, 5:02 am

Right there with you...

Have been granted permenant residency and house on market. Have had offers but again they all have houses to sell that are not shifting.

I think the answer to your question depends on the strength of your stomach and how much stress you can handle if you end up getting job offers?

My simple opinion would be to go ahead with the EOI. If you do not currently have job offers then the process is a lot longer anyway (around 9 months they quote I believe) so there would be a lot less pressure to sell in the forseeable

Unless of course you're really patient (not my forte) and can bear to wait months to sell and then months more to get into NZ. What kind of points do you have?

Tan

Last edited by Tan0410; Feb 9th 2008 at 5:04 am.