Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

EOI unsuccessful (Because I exceeds the skill requirement)

EOI unsuccessful (Because I exceeds the skill requirement)

Old Oct 17th 2010, 7:33 am
Just Joined

sudarshan1001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI unsuccessful (Because I exceeds the skill requirement)

Reason for my claims (My claim for EOI)
Age eligibility
 I comprehend would fetch: 30 points
Recognized qualification
My Bachelor’s degree in Electronics & Instrumentation was produced along with my Master’s degree as suggested to be mentioned in the online application if I have to claim points for Master’s degree. I didn’t comprehend to apply for Bachelor’s degree for PRA to NZQA since I dint want to confuse by claiming points for both the degrees I just wanted to claim for the master’s degree.
My Master’s degree in Computer Science was assessed by The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) and the PRA (Pre-assessment Result) assesses this qualification as comparable to the learning outcome of a qualification at Level 9 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.
 After assessment I comprehend my Master’s degree would fetch: 55 points
Recognized qualification
3.5 years of work Experience in the field of Computer science and Information technology which is related to the recognized qualification
 I comprehend would fetch: 10 points
Total without bonus: 95 points
Bonus points for Work Experience & Qualification
I assumed that I will be recognized of having a Master of Computer Science, and fetch me the bonus points since I top and exceed the requirement additionally proving that I have the qualification experience and skills in the same Computer science field on LTSSL in the Area of absolute skills shortage. Although the requirement was a bachelor’s degree in computer science or electronics with level 7 assessments.
 I understood would fetch: (AASS) Qualification 10 + (AASS) Work Expereince 10: 20 points
Total with bonus: 115 points
But the Case officer mail explains that my claim for the bonus points is not correct since I don’t match and I only exceed level 7 assessed Bachelor’s degree computer science or electronics or Information Technology.

I had 3 to 4 telephone conversations with immigration department New Zealand before launching my EOI and I explained clearly about my claiming points along with bonus points and only then applied for the EOI. One of the Support officer calculated my points and suggested I would get a total of 110 would fall into pool and could apply although can’t judge if the EOI can be selected for Invitation.

Please help me in this regard I am truly interested in migrating to New Zealand with IT skills required in the areas of skill shortage to serve the NZ community. I thought I would be recognized in NZ for having extra qualification and skills in the same field of expertise listed on the LTSSL (A postgraduate degree in computer science additional degree in the same Bachelor’s degree in computer science). Nothing has been easy everything that I have the skill, qualification and the experience is all sheer hard work and haven’t went out of my line doing anything wrong anytime till now and never will.
Adding to my Master’s degree and work experience, I have 7 additional significant IT certification like
 SYMANTEC – Administration of Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 for Windows, Kuwait
 SYMANTEC – Administration of Symantec Altiris Client Management Suite, Kuwait
 ITIL V3– Information Technology Infrastructure Library foundation certificate, Kuwait
 MCSE - Microsoft Certified System Engineer - Windows Server 2003 and Security, Kuwait
 MCP – Microsoft Certified Professional – Windows XP Professional, India
 CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate, India
 Diploma in Microsoft office and internet usage - SSI private Ltd, India
I would like your assistance and suggestions with regard to my EOI
Old Oct 17th 2010, 7:37 am
Just Joined

sudarshan1001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI unsuccessful (Because I exceeds the skill requirement)

Originally Posted by sudarshan1001
Reason for my claims (My claim for EOI)
Age eligibility
 I comprehend would fetch: 30 points
Recognized qualification
My Bachelor’s degree in Electronics & Instrumentation was produced along with my Master’s degree as suggested to be mentioned in the online application if I have to claim points for Master’s degree. I didn’t comprehend to apply for Bachelor’s degree for PRA to NZQA since I dint want to confuse by claiming points for both the degrees I just wanted to claim for the master’s degree.
My Master’s degree in Computer Science was assessed by The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) and the PRA (Pre-assessment Result) assesses this qualification as comparable to the learning outcome of a qualification at Level 9 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.
 After assessment I comprehend my Master’s degree would fetch: 55 points
Recognized qualification
3.5 years of work Experience in the field of Computer science and Information technology which is related to the recognized qualification
 I comprehend would fetch: 10 points
Total without bonus: 95 points
Bonus points for Work Experience & Qualification
I assumed that I will be recognized of having a Master of Computer Science, and fetch me the bonus points since I top and exceed the requirement additionally proving that I have the qualification experience and skills in the same Computer science field on LTSSL in the Area of absolute skills shortage. Although the requirement was a bachelor’s degree in computer science or electronics with level 7 assessments.
 I understood would fetch: (AASS) Qualification 10 + (AASS) Work Expereince 10: 20 points
Total with bonus: 115 points
But the Case officer mail explains that my claim for the bonus points is not correct since I don’t match and I only exceed level 7 assessed Bachelor’s degree computer science or electronics or Information Technology.

I had 3 to 4 telephone conversations with immigration department New Zealand before launching my EOI and I explained clearly about my claiming points along with bonus points and only then applied for the EOI. One of the Support officer calculated my points and suggested I would get a total of 110 would fall into pool and could apply although can’t judge if the EOI can be selected for Invitation.

Please help me in this regard I am truly interested in migrating to New Zealand with IT skills required in the areas of skill shortage to serve the NZ community. I thought I would be recognized in NZ for having extra qualification and skills in the same field of expertise listed on the LTSSL (A postgraduate degree in computer science additional degree in the same Bachelor’s degree in computer science). Nothing has been easy everything that I have the skill, qualification and the experience is all sheer hard work and haven’t went out of my line doing anything wrong anytime till now and never will.
Adding to my Master’s degree and work experience, I have 7 additional significant IT certification like
 SYMANTEC – Administration of Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 for Windows, Kuwait
 SYMANTEC – Administration of Symantec Altiris Client Management Suite, Kuwait
 ITIL V3– Information Technology Infrastructure Library foundation certificate, Kuwait
 MCSE - Microsoft Certified System Engineer - Windows Server 2003 and Security, Kuwait
 MCP – Microsoft Certified Professional – Windows XP Professional, India
 CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate, India
 Diploma in Microsoft office and internet usage - SSI private Ltd, India
I would like your assistance and suggestions with regard to my EOI
No bonus points given coz the Qualification and Work experience is not to the level of LTSSL and exceeds the level hence unsuccessful. claimed 115 - 20 bonus = 95.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 10:07 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI unsuccessful (Because I exceeds the skill requirement)

What Occupation on the LTSSL are you claiming?