EOI submitted. Will it give automatic PR

Old Aug 26th 2011, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

shooterspalace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EOI submitted. Will it give automatic PR

Originally Posted by BEVS
Sorry for the delay in a reply. I have been puzzling about this one a little as I thought there was a way to actually extend but I now can't find that on the NZIS website so perhaps policy changed.

What I have seen is a relatively new 'Interim Visa'. which came into effect last February 2011.

The thing with the WTR under SMC is that it is essentially a job search visa. It's where NZIS want proof of the ability to settle and maintain oneself & that means having an income. I would think that if a job offer couldn't be found within the 9 months of arriving , then an extension would not be on the cars ( that is only my guess though ). However, if a firm job offer was on the horizon & proof cold be shown via the employer and a certain employment contract , then I could see a case for an interim visa. The same if one had started a job towards the end of the 9 month period but had not completed 3 monthsh of working. There could be a case for an interim visa to allow time for a temporary work permit to be put into place.
Thank you BEVS for your reply.

regards
shooter
Old Aug 26th 2011, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

jnathan is an unknown quantity at this point

I am really sad to see many are discouraging this NZ Immigration visa scheme and misleading people. shootersplace has directed something according to facts and rules. others have not yet come up with something credible. I have opened separate thread as well with no reply in the last 2 days. shooterspalace, I am still waiting to see you online to have a chat with you.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 11:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by shooterspalace
Thank you BEVS for your reply.

regards
shooter

Looking back, sorry for such bad typing. I was in a hurry.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 11:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jnathan
I am really sad to see many are discouraging this NZ Immigration visa scheme and misleading people.
what do you mean please?
shootersplace has directed something according to facts and rules. others have not yet come up with something credible.
again. What do you mean please?

I have opened separate thread as well with no reply in the last 2 days.
TBH. It is a bit long and not everyone has the time to go through this to check your exact points for you. I haven't had time either. You need to understand the points system for yourself.
Real life sometimes gets in the way of spending long hours answering questions. This is not my job, if your comments were directed at me. I've had real life things to deal with and so you should be patient if you want people to check things for you that you should be learning and checking for yourself.

Be aware, we are all just like you. We all had to do this for ourselves.

I await your response to your comments

Thanks.
Old Aug 26th 2011, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

shooterspalace is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
Looking back, sorry for such bad typing. I was in a hurry.
Its ok BEVS
Old Aug 26th 2011, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

The thing with the WTR under SMC is that it is essentially a job search visa.

BEVS,

I got your point . but what did you mean by saying that ^
How much is my chance of getting the NZ Immigration having 135 points?

Last edited by jnathan; Aug 26th 2011 at 12:53 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:09 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jnathan
The thing with the WTR under SMC is that it is essentially a job search visa.

BEVS,

I got your point . but what did you mean by saying that ^
How much is my chance of getting the NZ Immigration having 135 points?
Does your 135 points include 15 points in an area of LTSS ?
Old Aug 29th 2011, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

elasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant future

jnathan,

I am a new member to this forum and like others new members I don't DEPEND on waiting for every shred of advise from the moderators here, like Bev mentioned I have done my own research as well, most of it on the NZ government immigration website. I think it's quite rude of you to literally be flooding every post on this forum with your concerns, you even did it with my post.

Be patient, research your own problems and don't get annoyed when no-one gets back to with the answers that you want to hear. This is a small forum and I'm sure that the mods have other things to do than sit online at your beck and will.

Personally I am extremely grateful for any bit of help from Bev and the others, and if it is not forthcoming then fine, so be it.... that's the way forums work

Paul
Old Aug 29th 2011, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Stormer999,

Yes, that 135 or 125 points include 15 points from the LTSSL. actually, my previous and current occupation(s) fall under at least 3 occupation(s) of that LTSSL.

I am still not sure whether I score 125 or 135.
Let me show you where I am confused.

elasmo1,

I dont depend fully on others as well, but there are people here who have applied with adequate analysis of the system and they are not contributing as expected. if I were them, I'd help others with all my experiences.

I have gone through a lot of pages but still there are some confusions remaining in my mind. my intention was not to flood a few threads with my concerns rather to get the replies from where a lot of experienced folks are talking.

Hope now things are clarified to you.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

elasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant futureelasmo1 has a brilliant future

I appreciate your concern and confusion at the system, but this is a voluntary forum and therefore it is not mandatory for people to help you is it?

and saying "well if I was them I would help" isn't gonna get answers to your persistent questions...being reasonable and patient may do.

Learn and research yourself, if you expect answers immediately then hire an immigration consultant.

Paul
Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

and I can answer your questions... basically the EOI online test you are looking at is a little misleading/confusing.

The first question that you are having problems with refers to an offer of work in New Zealand, so this whole section does not pertain to you.

The second question refers to your qualification, not a qualification in NZ because you have never lived there.

You should sign on for an account at the NZ immigration website and then fill in a more detailed version of the EOI, as it has much more information that the points selector "test" omits.

You can simply save the edited version and not have to worry about submitting it until you are completely sure that you are ready to pay the fee and have a good chance of getting selected.

That's what I did

P.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

elasmo1,

Thanks. I know that if you go on submitting the EOI, it would ask for the payment. Now I'd like to ask you that would it show how much points I scored when the Online EOI would be done with the fill up process?
Old Aug 30th 2011, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

when you complete (but not submit) the online EOI on your account it DOES show you how many points you have and it is more detailed than the basic "points selector test" that you are referring to... so you should know how many points you will have by completing it.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

alimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the roughalimehdi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by shooterspalace
Jnathan,

Can you mention the steps how you calculate your points, so that we can be clear of you and give you idea about your total points.

Regards
shooter
Hi Shooter,

Could you please advise me how to apply online EOI.
and do I need pre assessment for my qualification, experience and educational certificates from IQA or NZQA or for EOI online submission do they ask me to upload any certificates.
I am not sure about my points as its seems very difficult to understand points calculation.
If I don’t know my points and I submit online EOI what will happened???
or what do you think if I will send all my documents for NZQA and later I will submit EOI....
Please advise as your experience...

Regards
Syed
Old Jan 12th 2012, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

az2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I am Telecommunication Engineer and got registration from IPENZ as professional engineer
Now can i claim my points for recognized Qualification ( Level-7) as i have done my graduation in Engineering ?