EOI Submitted Today

Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:15 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI Submitted Today

Originally Posted by bevissa65
*snip* and if we get the ITA soon you have to prove registration! ARGHHHHH. *snip*
Hmmm - is this definitely true? I can't get registration with my professional body until I have done a four week placement in a phamracy in NZ and passed another exam in NZ.
Basically I can't get registered until I have a visa of some sort. Does this mean I can't really apply via the SMC as I won't be registered in NZ?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Have no idea about Pharmacy I'm afraid. As I understand it, as a nurse I have to be registered and on the list of information they require for the ITA it states if you need professional registration they want to see evidence of it. I don't think I will be registered in time especially as I can't get on one of these bloody English courses quick enough!! This information could be wrong, check out the immigration website and see the guide to the ITA. Hope tht helps. Bevissa
Old Mar 11th 2009, 9:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by shelloid
Hmmm - is this definitely true? I can't get registration with my professional body until I have done a four week placement in a phamracy in NZ and passed another exam in NZ.
Basically I can't get registered until I have a visa of some sort. Does this mean I can't really apply via the SMC as I won't be registered in NZ?
It's the same for plumbers. You need registration for the SMC but you cannot get registration until you attend a week long block course and sit exams $3500 which only take place in Wellington ,NZ. You can only take the registration if your overseas quals meet craftsman standard following assessment. So - you have to prove the trade qual and stanndard twice. LOL
I've tried asking NZIS about this catch 22 several times but the answers I receive vary. Bizarrely they would allow an NZ plumbing limited licence which is absolutely no indication at all of competence or trade qualification.

Looking at the NZIS Essential skill list for Pharmacist , it does seem that NZIS require NZ registration. I think you need to contact both the regulatory board and NZIS about this.

Please do come back with what they offer as a solution to this.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 8:03 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reply guys. How annoying for me!

I will try to email NZIS and the NZ pharmacy council tonight.

This could set our plans back majorly. I guess maybe doing a work visa first, but not sure how I will stand on that either - not sure if the four week placement will necessarily count as a 'job'.

Oh dear - just thinking about the whole situation makes my brain hurt!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

tturner1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ITA lodged

Hi there,
I'm fairly new to the site and looking at your status, you seem to be in a similar position to us. Our ITA was lodged on the 16th feb. We recieved an acknowlegement letter via our agent in New Zealand, saying it could take 1-4 months to assess. Have you recieved this letter? I have a job offer and was supposed to start work at the end of March!!!! which is now out of the question!!!!! Just wondering which part of NZ you're intending to go. We are hopefully gonna be in Hamilton. Just wondering if anyone has gone down the route of temp visas, we are thinking of doing this if our PR takes time to finalise, as I have given my notice in a work, think I got too impatient!

Good luck with your PR visa
Turner family.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
You for starters.

Then you wait patiently as they check through your EOI details. Once they have completed their checks you will be sent the ITA.

As most of the checks are completed at EOI selection stage now, you may have a little time to wait.
Is there a flowchart that shows the whole process from Start to finish?
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:38 am
`

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
Is there a flowchart that shows the whole process from Start to finish?
Yes. This one is for the SMC

Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:46 am
`

Originally Posted by tturner1
I have a job offer and was supposed to start work at the end of March!!!! which is now out of the question!!!!! ...snip... Just wondering if anyone has gone down the route of temp visas, we are thinking of doing this if our PR takes time to finalise, as I have given my notice in a work, think I got too impatient!

Good luck with your PR visa
Turner family.
Get your agent to earn their money. They should have been pressing NZIS to prioritise your application because you have a job offer with a start date. Normally NZIS do prioritise those with job offers to facilitate start dates. This is to help the NZ employer.

We took up temp work visas to get us here and started even though we had a PR application in the pipeline. This was because our house sale turned into a nightmare . It was also because the NZ employer had already been waiting a few months for my husband to start work. We didn't want him to lose that particular job offer.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:47 am
Just Joined

tturner1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Get your agent to earn their money. They should have been pressing NZIS to prioritise your application because you have a job offer with a start date. Normally NZIS do prioritise those with job offers to facilitate start dates. This is to help the NZ employer.

We took up temp work visas to get us here and started even though we had a PR application in the pipeline. This was because our house sale turned into a nightmare . It was also because the NZ employer had already been waiting a few months for my husband to start work. We didn't want him to lose that particular job offer.
Hi bevs here,
How long did it take to get a temp visa? and did your PR come through whilst doing this. Hope you dont mind me asking, we'd have to pay another 335 quid for the visas, getting short of cash as we cant sell our house, and we cant wait to get ther!!!! thanks!
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bevs. I was just wondering, how long does the permit to work last, if you are not successful with the Residence application?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Has anyone who was selected from pool on 11th March had there satus changed to successful yet!!! We just wanna get the medicals booked and police checks done, but don`t wanna pay out just in case we don`t get the status change ...... hubby has a start date for his job and it is gonna be a push to get visas granted if we have to wait too much longer!!!! am really starting to stress over this now!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:07 am
`

Originally Posted by tturner1
Hi bevs here,
How long did it take to get a temp visa? and did your PR come through whilst doing this. Hope you dont mind me asking, we'd have to pay another 335 quid for the visas, getting short of cash as we cant sell our house, and we cant wait to get ther!!!! thanks!
OOps. Missed this . Sorry

I took the temp work visa applications up to London myself and they came through in a couple of weeks if my memory serves me right.

Our PR didn't come through until after we had arrived in NZ and husband had started working.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:13 am
`

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
Thanks Bevs. I was just wondering, how long does the permit to work last, if you are not successful with the Residence application?
Hi. Again sorry for not seeing this sooner.

A temporary work visa/permit can be for any length of time up to 3 years and these are renewable.
If the temp work permit is for more than 12 months you will need to complete meds and xrays.