British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI Submitted ! Excited but nervous (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-submitted-excited-but-nervous-640981/)

DavenHelen Nov 17th 2009 5:55 pm

EOI Submitted ! Excited but nervous

Well we finally managed to submit our EOI just intime for tomorrows pool selection!
Had a few issues where it kept crashing on the work experience section. Apparently I had cut and pasted some special characters from my CV in word & pasted them into the form which caused a few issues (form crashed) to 2 weeks to sort out with help at NZ Department of Labour.

V excited about finally starting the procedure to live our dreams but slightly nervous about what we have let ourselves in for and if it's the right one (read too many negative threads on other forrums).

Now we just have to wait :fingerscrossed:
Cheers

BEVS Nov 17th 2009 8:52 pm

Re: EOI Submitted ! Excited but nervous

:fingerscrossed: Good luck.

sjake Nov 17th 2009 9:16 pm

Best of luck for the draw.:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

MnB Nov 17th 2009 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by DavenHelen (Post 8105288)
Well we finally managed to submit our EOI just intime for tomorrows pool selection!
Had a few issues where it kept crashing on the work experience section. Apparently I had cut and pasted some special characters from my CV in word & pasted them into the form which caused a few issues (form crashed) to 2 weeks to sort out with help at NZ Department of Labour.

V excited about finally starting the procedure to live our dreams but slightly nervous about what we have let ourselves in for and if it's the right one (read too many negative threads on other forrums).

Now we just have to wait :fingerscrossed:
Cheers

:fingerscrossed: good luck!! hope you hear good news soon :thumbsup:

DavenHelen Nov 18th 2009 6:02 am

Thanks just checked website & status says "Selected". :)
Which means
"We are very pleased to confirm that your Expression of Interest has been selected from the Pool for further consideration.
We will conduct some preliminary checks of the information you have provided to determine whether your claim is accurate. Following this checking, you may be invited to apply for residence in New Zealand."

What sort pf prelim checks would they do and why could it possibly be rejected?
Would they contact all my previous list of employers stated in EOI now?
Whats the longest that people have had to wait for ITA without a NZ job offer?

teebrown Nov 18th 2009 7:35 am

Hi and congratulations, they do the checks at this stage just to make sure you are claiming your points correctly. Not use about the longest time to wait, but i'm sure ours was one of the shortest times. You should start a folder now and start to gather all the info required, basically the ITA is a print out of your EOI, and now they will require you to submit your qualifications, Medicals and police checks etc. Do phone around for the price on medicals, they do vary allot.

Best of luck.:fingerscrossed:

The Jezzers Nov 18th 2009 8:50 am

Fab news,
They don't check all your previous employers. They just check your telling the truth about the real important things you have put down and that you are in excellent health.
Check out some timelines on the forum to give you an idea of how long it takes.We didn't have a job. With a job offer you could be all sorted in a few weeks after ITA has been sent in.
All the best and goodluck...
:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by DavenHelen (Post 8106650)
Thanks just checked website & status says "Selected". :)
Which means
"We are very pleased to confirm that your Expression of Interest has been selected from the Pool for further consideration.
We will conduct some preliminary checks of the information you have provided to determine whether your claim is accurate. Following this checking, you may be invited to apply for residence in New Zealand."

What sort pf prelim checks would they do and why could it possibly be rejected?
Would they contact all my previous list of employers stated in EOI now?

MooMoo290373 Nov 19th 2009 4:46 am

Great news at being selected :thumbup:

RobDon Nov 19th 2009 4:53 am

Great News for You! :thumbup:

Celticknight Nov 19th 2009 6:16 am

Good Luck :fingerscrossed:

Ian.

willand tina_h Nov 19th 2009 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Celticknight (Post 8109443)
Good Luck :fingerscrossed:

Ian.

Congrats to you :thumbsup: biggest step to make, now just ride the rollercoster without trying to get off, can be hard at times but worth it, we are stuck at the top of one of the high bends at the moment, but we know it will soon move again we just hope its soon :fingerscrossed: lol.

All the best

Tina,x

MnB Nov 19th 2009 9:18 am

Great news!!:thumbsup: :fingerscrossed: B x

spankysparkle Nov 19th 2009 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by DavenHelen (Post 8106650)

sorry can't help with the other q's, but we got our ITA a month after submitting the EOI.
Good luck and :fingerscrossed: you get selected soon!