EOI submitted but ....

Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

becky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to all
Default EOI submitted but ....

Hi

I have submitted my EOI in the last few days and have now been informed that I may have completed it wrong!

Firstly as far as listing family goes, the guide refers to family as partner/husband and dependents which is why I only listed my partner - now someones told me I should have listed my parents and brother. Is this true or just hearsay?

If I do not get selected can I reapply in the future?

Thanks

Becky
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

wannabekiwi will become famous soon enoughwannabekiwi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: EOI submitted but ....

Hi Becky,

I know exactly what you mean. We found that bit confusing too and didn't put our parents and siblings in either.
I thought that there would be a chance to mention them in the actual ITA paperwork (or get rid of them once and for all ).
However if someone confirms to you that they need to be mentioned on the EOI ... apparently you should be able to edit (an already submitted) EOI and re-submit again if you did the online version.
Hope this helps.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:05 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: EOI submitted but ....

First, let's do a bit of NZIS quoting

Originally Posted by NZIS EOI
Give details of ALL your family members, including those adopted legally or by custom. It is not necessary to list deceased family members. As defined in the guide, family includes biological and adoptive parents, and full, half, step and adopted brothers and sisters.
Definition of family given by the NZIS EOI help window

Originally Posted by NZIS help window
Family
We define a family as you, your partner, and your and/or partner's dependent children.
So , it is easy to see it is confusing.

It may have been prudent to list your parents and immediate siblings but it isn't the end of the world. You can edit your EOI to include them if you wish..... or not. Otherwise wait until you receive an ITA and then include the details for them then.

Your EOI will not be chucked out because you haven't mentioned immediate family members.

The selection of the EOI will be on points first , with140 being the automatic selection. Any remaining places are then selected according to job offers, qualifications etc. Nothing to do with whether or not you have including your Mum and Dad, sisters or brothers.