EOI Submitted

Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Mac3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI Submitted

Hi

Finally submitted our EOI with 130 points. Hope it doesn't take too long to hear back. Has anyone got any ideas as to how long I can be waiting?

Just oing to get myself a beer now and relax!!

Glen
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:12 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EOI Submitted

Hi Glen,

Congratulations on sending it in, I found it a scary yet exhilarating feeling pressing that submit button!

Timescales don't seem to follow any logic I'm afraid though you'll be selected at the next draw if you have a job offer even though you don't have the magic 140 points.
If you don't have a job offer then it all depends on how many there are in each category. After those with job offers they pick those who work in a job on the long term skill shortage list but who do not have an offer. Look under past draws on the NZIS website to see what gets picked and how often. They are listed under "latest news" Hope this helps

Enjoy the beer, can I have one?

Sue
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue R
Hi Glen,

Congratulations on sending it in, I found it a scary yet exhilarating feeling pressing that submit button!

Timescales don't seem to follow any logic I'm afraid though you'll be selected at the next draw if you have a job offer even though you don't have the magic 140 points.
If you don't have a job offer then it all depends on how many there are in each category. After those with job offers they pick those who work in a job on the long term skill shortage list but who do not have an offer. Look under past draws on the NZIS website to see what gets picked and how often. They are listed under "latest news" Hope this helps

Enjoy the beer, can I have one?

Sue
Hi Sue

Thanks for the reply we will definately have a look!!

Glen
Old Apr 21st 2008, 10:54 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Sue R
. Look under past draws on the NZIS website to see what gets picked and how often. They are listed under "latest news" Hope this helps

Sue

I'll try to remember to put up the pool draw details each fortnight for everyone. Give me a nudge if I forget or put up the details yourself and I will sticky it for you.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

Just went online to check the progress of our EOI - we've been selected! Nearly fell off my seat!
Will sit and wait for an invitation to apply now
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by turkeys
Just went online to check the progress of our EOI - we've been selected! Nearly fell off my seat!
Will sit and wait for an invitation to apply now
Well done. Do you have a job offer? How many points did you have.

Glen
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Glen
I think it came in at 155, after much head scratching!
I have a one year contract and have been working since Feb.

Am quite keen to be able to look around for other jobs though, so am trying to establish from which point I need to be in this job 3 months! Don't like feeling trapped. Am hoping it is 3 months from EOI acceptance
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I think it came in at 155, after much head scratching!
I have a one year contract and have been working since Feb.

Am quite keen to be able to look around for other jobs though, so am trying to establish from which point I need to be in this job 3 months! Don't like feeling trapped. Am hoping it is 3 months from EOI acceptance
You may be required to remain with your employer for 3 months AFTER you have been granted Permanent Residency , PR. However, as you are already working for an NZ employer under a temporary work permit, there may be no such condition attached to your PR if and when you receive it.

Here is the order in which PR is granted.

1]Submit EOI - expression of interest
2] EOI selected from the pool
3] NZIS - new zealand immigration service - do extensive checks on the information given on the EOI
4] If it all checks out OK, then an ITA - Invitation to Apply - is sent to you
5] You send back the completed ITA to NZIS , together with your police checks , medicals and certified documentation.
6] NZIS check through the ITA and documentation sent.
7] NZIS approve the application for PR
8] You send passsports together with migrant levy fee , if you didn't already send them with your ITA.
9] You get your UK passport back with blue stickers inside
(a) A permanent residency sticker
(b) A returning residents visa.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS here
You may be required to remain with your employer for 3 months AFTER you have been granted Permanent Residency , PR. However, as you are already working for an NZ employer under a temporary work permit, there may be no such condition attached to your PR if and when you receive it.

Here is the order in which PR is granted.

1]Submit EOI - expression of interest
2] EOI selected from the pool
3] NZIS - new zealand immigration service - do extensive checks on the information given on the EOI
4] If it all checks out OK, then an ITA - Invitation to Apply - is sent to you
5] You send back the completed ITA to NZIS , together with your police checks , medicals and certified documentation.
6] NZIS check through the ITA and documentation sent.
7] NZIS approve the application for PR
8] You send passsports together with migrant levy fee , if you didn't already send them with your ITA.
you forgot
10] Open bottle of wine
(b) sit back and drink
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:31 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

you forgot
10] Open bottle of wine
(b) sit back and drink
That's what I'm doing tonight, only it's champers.

Turkeys, that's great that you finally put your EOI in! We got our ITA 3 weeks after being selected, similar situation to you, as you know.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Maz, hope the champers went down well! I am just back from a night out so typing sloooowly
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS here
What if it is not a UK passport? Do they put different color stickers inside?

How soon do you have to move to NZ after you received your PR sticker?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:24 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Maz, hope the champers went down well! I am just back from a night out so typing sloooowly
It certainly did thanks! How's your head?

Originally Posted by Want2Move
What if it is not a UK passport? Do they put different color stickers inside?
My work permit is in my US passport. Stickers are all the same colour.

How soon do you have to move to NZ after you received your PR sticker?
You have 12 months to activate your PR from when you get your blue stickers.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maz
You have 12 months to activate your PR from when you get your blue stickers.
Thanks. What do you mean by activate your PR? Does that mean I have to go to NZ and get stamp on my passport and get my PR card? After I activate my PR, how soon do I have to move to NZ permanently?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:29 am
Maz

Thanks. What do you mean by activate your PR? Does that mean I have to go to NZ and get stamp on my passport and get my PR card? After I activate my PR, how soon do I have to move to NZ permanently?
You get your visa granting PR in your passport first, the coveted "blue sticker" (actually all the visas and permits are blue, but never mind). You have 12 months to enter New Zealand to not have to go through the entire process again. If you don't enter NZ within 12 months after the date on your blue sticker, you have to apply all over again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.