EOI/ SMC selection enquiry.

Old May 11th 2013, 5:34 am
Just Joined

black_butterfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EOI/ SMC selection enquiry.

Hello. I'm a newbie and wanted to clarify something about EOI. I am among the unlucky ones who didn't get a slot for SFV. I already paid for IELTS and really want to go to NZ the soonest. I am exploring EOI as another option but I am concerned about 1 thing. Do they only grant EOI for SMC ONLY if you have a job offer/job in NZ? My points are currently 105 but I don't have any job offer.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by black_butterfly; May 11th 2013 at 5:39 am.
Old May 11th 2013, 5:56 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Migrant Category - Points table

Originally Posted by black_butterfly
Hello. I'm a newbie and wanted to clarify something about EOI. I am among the unlucky ones who didn't get a slot for SFV. I already paid for IELTS and really want to go to NZ the soonest. I am exploring EOI as another option but I am concerned about 1 thing. Do they only grant EOI for SMC ONLY if you have a job offer/job in NZ? My points are currently 105 but I don't have any job offer.

Thanks for any advice.
you don't need a job offer to get selected but you do need more than 140 points or some points in skilled experience section but again that hasn't been pulled for anyone under 135 point as far as my memory goes, so at the moment you are not going to be selected with just 105 points.
Old May 11th 2013, 7:08 am
Just Joined

black_butterfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Skilled Migrant Category - Points table

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
you don't need a job offer to get selected but you do need more than 140 points or some points in skilled experience section but again that hasn't been pulled for anyone under 135 point as far as my memory goes, so at the moment you are not going to be selected with just 105 points.
Appreciate the feedback. Thanks MrsFyChan