British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI and simultaneous Work Visa application (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-simultaneous-work-visa-application-787752/)

Larryloo Feb 18th 2013 7:27 am

EOI and simultaneous Work Visa application

Does anyone have any idea on timescale from submitting both the EOI and Work Visa applications to receiving the work visa?

My husband has received two job offers in ChCh and they want him to start ASAP.

He was told that a good way to fast track his getting there was to submit both at the same time and the work visa would be pushed through quickly to get him working on the rebuild ASAP.

Once working in ChCh, he could continue with the residency application - ITA, medicals etc.

Thanks. LL X

simonsi Feb 18th 2013 8:43 am

Re: EOI and simultaneous Work Visa application

Originally Posted by Larryloo (Post 10551950)
Does anyone have any idea on timescale from submitting both the EOI and Work Visa applications to receiving the work visa?

My husband has received two job offers in ChCh and they want him to start ASAP.

He was told that a good way to fast track his getting there was to submit both at the same time and the work visa would be pushed through quickly to get him working on the rebuild ASAP.

Once working in ChCh, he could continue with the residency application - ITA, medicals etc.

Thanks. LL X

We got our work visa in 5 days in 2010 from sending passports and docs to receiving passports back, 5 days dead. We didn't submit a PR application at the same time but I can't see that affecting it at all. Work visa was for my wife in the medical industry, processed in London.

Larryloo Feb 18th 2013 10:11 am

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 10552028)
We got our work visa in 5 days in 2010 from sending passports and docs to receiving passports back, 5 days dead. We didn't submit a PR application at the same time but I can't see that affecting it at all. Work visa was for my wife in the medical industry, processed in London.

GULP! Thanks for replying! That's good to know. I need to ask NZ Immigation if myself and our three sons can move over there under my husband's work visa.

Looks like I need to start packing!

Xx

MrsFychan Feb 18th 2013 6:01 pm

my husband got a temp work visa from the Immigration office in Wellington in a couple of hours. we submitted out ITA a month later (Oct) and myself and the children moved out in the Jan with return flights and the Blueys were put in the passports on 14th Feb again at Wellington Immigration office as we had the file transferred to NZ on approval

BEVS Feb 18th 2013 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Larryloo (Post 10552142)
I need to ask NZ Immigation if myself and our three sons can move over there under my husband's work visa.

Looks like I need to start packing!

Xx

Yes you can. You fill in the same temporary work visa form as your husband but tick 'family' or similar. For your children it is student visa forms.

Larryloo Feb 18th 2013 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 10553300)
Yes you can. You fill in the same temporary work visa form as your husband but tick 'family' or similar. For your children it is student visa forms.

Thanks! So I fill in my own application for a temp work visa and another form for the kids? Student visas? The kids are 10, 9 and 5.

X

simonsi Feb 19th 2013 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Larryloo (Post 10553306)
Thanks! So I fill in my own application for a temp work visa and another form for the kids? Student visas? The kids are 10, 9 and 5.

Yes but submit it all together in one package with your husband's application, they will all then be processed together at the same time. Student visa's entitle you to education in the school system here, they aren'y just for university.

MrsFychan Feb 19th 2013 5:25 am

do you need to submit a work visa for yourself and student visa's for the kids before the ITA is hopefully approved? timescales on Immigration website is 1-3mths to get a final answer.

You can come over, as myself and the kids did, on a visitors visa and stay legally for 6mths. just need an onward flight to say you aren't staying illegally. we got return flights as we intended to go back at the 6mth mark for family celebrations. but you could just get onward flights to Australia and not use them. Might be cheaper.? student fees are 135 each and Work visa for you is another 135, so 540.
We also didn't put the kids into school straight away and managed to get them out and about for the first 6wks to get a feel for the country.

BEVS Feb 19th 2013 8:57 pm

Good thought. That's true Mrs F.