British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   EOI selections with less than 140 points (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/eoi-selections-less-than-140-points-779669/)

sriraksha Dec 5th 2012 5:38 am

EOI selections with less than 140 points

Hi everyone

Just wanted to know about the people who got selected with EOI points ranging from 115 till 130. could you please tell your qualifications/work experience too.look forward to hear from you all.

thanks & regards

MrsFychan Dec 5th 2012 6:10 am

Re: EOI selections with less than 140 points

can't see how that information is going to be of any help to you. EOI's are selected on your qualifications not anyone else and initially its the points that count and not what they stand for, that only comes into play when a person looks through what you are claiming for to confirm they are valid

sriraksha Dec 6th 2012 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10416613)
can't see how that information is going to be of any help to you. EOI's are selected on your qualifications not anyone else and initially its the points that count and not what they stand for, that only comes into play when a person looks through what you are claiming for to confirm they are valid

Hi
probably I'll compare their skills/qualifications with mine and will see my chances. off course your right initially its the points that count....but for people less than 140.....NZRP counts other criteria for picking the applicant depending on their skills/qualifications....from the rest.

Caz8NZ Dec 6th 2012 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by sriraksha (Post 10419618)
Hi
probably I'll compare their skills/qualifications with mine and will see my chances. off course your right initially its the points that count....but for people less than 140.....NZRP counts other criteria for picking the applicant depending on their skills/qualifications....from the rest.

i think - but not sure - that if you don't have a job offer and your points are less than 140 it is very unlikely you will get picked from the pool. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm not sure you will get a lot of responses with people telling you their entire skills and qualifications history. I have a wide range of experience, not much in the way of formal qualifications or a degree but I applied with a job offer, have already been working in NZ for a year when I did and was granted residency.

ellenarosemary Dec 6th 2012 10:38 pm

If you have less than 140 points and NO job offer, then its unlikely you will be picked from the pool. If your job is on the ISSL or LTSS lists then your chances will improve slightly - check recent selections to see with regard to the additional points etc.

rafayabro Dec 21st 2012 10:23 am

hi,
is any one knows about the process, how to get registered with EWRB for the purpose of applying as line mechanic category. I am asking about the criteria for overseas applicant

Sherlock Holmes Dec 21st 2012 11:55 am

Originally Posted by rafayabro (Post 10445264)
hi,
is any one knows about the process, how to get registered with EWRB for the purpose of applying as line mechanic category. I am asking about the criteria for overseas applicant

Hello and welcome to the forum. If you wait, someone may help you in a few hours. It is night time in NZ at the moment.

Thank you.