Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Flan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really nice
Default Re: EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

Oh my goodness that's soooo annoying I read on another thread that Rock Ape complained to the NZ High Commission about NZQA!! Good on him!

Well we are thinking the eastern suburbs - Howick, Cockle Bay area. Also like the look of Devonport on the North Shore but think it will be too expensive. Will rent for a while in the east and then see what we like when we get there.

Hows the rest of your application coming along? Where are you planningto head to? You've probably told me already but I cant remember!!

x
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flan
Oh my goodness that's soooo annoying I read on another thread that Rock Ape complained to the NZ High Commission about NZQA!! Good on him!

Well we are thinking the eastern suburbs - Howick, Cockle Bay area. Also like the look of Devonport on the North Shore but think it will be too expensive. Will rent for a while in the east and then see what we like when we get there.

Hows the rest of your application coming along? Where are you planningto head to? You've probably told me already but I cant remember!!

x
Have lots and lots of info gathering to do as need to get permission for my kids to come too (see other long and annoying threads of mine!!) but we will get to Cambridge, Waikato one day. Planning another fact finding trip October , going to try and sell myself to the primary schools...
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of

Excellent - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:24 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Job is communications and PR officer for Greenpeace in Auckland! Although still not got paperwork etc so trying not to get too excited! Then I think I'll look for a teaching job when Im there.
spooky... my OH looked at the job too! congratulations - excellent news!

still nothing here... ho hum
Old Aug 1st 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

elsieB is a jewel in the roughelsieB is a jewel in the roughelsieB is a jewel in the roughelsieB is a jewel in the roughelsieB is a jewel in the rough

Hi, we got selected 2 Jul 08 (SMC with Job offer!) We got our decision successful on 14 Jul 08 and received our ITA 15 Jul 08. Which was submitted on 31 Jul 08 (Managed to get medicals done and results etc straight away so really lucky) Don't give up hope.!!
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Phew, NZQA have drawn the fee on my Visa Card so I know they've got it!! No email to let me know but hey it was Friday.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Phew, NZQA have drawn the fee on my Visa Card so I know they've got it!! No email to let me know but hey it was Friday.
I got my assessment result returned yesterday. It did take the full 4 weeks though. With 3 / 4 days to return dox.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Angry Re: EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

Originally Posted by elsieB
Hi, we got selected 2 Jul 08 (SMC with Job offer!) We got our decision successful on 14 Jul 08 and received our ITA 15 Jul 08. Which was submitted on 31 Jul 08 (Managed to get medicals done and results etc straight away so really lucky) Don't give up hope.!!
Congratulations

we had an e-mail yesterday and phoned them up as it said our EOI was unsuccessful. Turns out although OH qualifications City and Guilds (as mechanic) etc get him a level 3, for it to be counted as work experience and bonus points etc it needs to be at level 4....!!!!! No one knows the difference between 3 and 4 and there are no more qualifications he could do... except a masters tech certificate which is quite rare over here!!! No help whatsoever. our only option "get a job offer!" tried explaining that whilst we were over there on holiday the garages would only give him a job once he had his visa, usual chicken and egg scenario.... but.... nothing.
Oh and to make it worse, we apparently can't go over on a work visa to get a job as OH is over 30!
what do we do now!!!

sorry about rant but am so p'ed off, thanks for listening!
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of

Oh Poop nic.gem.soph - that is really bad news!

I have been dreading that kind of response too. We have different quals to yours but at the back of my mind I keep thinking what if they come back and say 'sorry, quals don't match/aren't right/wrong level etc. It's our worst nightmare as we want this SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad (as I'm sure everybody on here does too). It's the waiting that's KILLING me!

Well, I don't really have any suggestions except to say DON'T GIVE UP!!! It seems that some people have been successful in finding jobs even without being in NZ. I would apply to every job you see that matches your OH's background and hope for the best. There are some really good job websites out there (you probably already know about them but PM me if you don't)

Did you already go for a recce to NZ?
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Flan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really nice

OH decided not to take the job because it didnt pay enough We already have a son and are planing on having another baby next year so with me not working he needs more money!!!

Anyway, any news anyone?!! Not that I'm impatient or anything!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

OH decided not to take the job because it didnt pay enough We already have a son and are planing on having another baby next year so with me not working he needs more money!!!

Anyway, any news anyone?!! Not that I'm impatient or anything!
What a pain, it was all sounding so good for you
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Flan;6647911]OH decided not to take the job because it didnt pay enough We already have a son and are planing on having another baby next year so with me not working he needs more money!!!

oh no! probs a sensible move though! no news here... still just 'selected'... ho hum
Old Aug 5th 2008, 11:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph

we had an e-mail yesterday and phoned them up as it said our EOI was unsuccessful. .......

sorry about rant but am so p'ed off, thanks for listening!
I have copied this post into a new thread of its own and replied HERE
Old Aug 14th 2008, 7:43 am
Account Closed

so, i happened to notice that yesterday it was 6 weeks since we were all selected....

no news yet here

are people still reckoning on 3 month turnround without job offer? guess that means we're half way through?!

ho hum
Old Aug 18th 2008, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice

hi all,

I know that they are still selecting people from the pools BUT does anyone reckon that due to the slow down in ecomonies, NZ is reviewing its industries/jobs?

I thought it would affect migrations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.