Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

Old May 11th 2009, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of
Default Re: EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

Originally Posted by anniiee
Hello everyone

Got an email from our CO today.....and yes we've been granted residency visas
Cant believe it after everything, but NZ here we come Good Luck to everyone else still waiting x
Hello Everybody

Well here we go the flights are booked now all we have to do is sort all our belongings out. Does anybody know what charges we will incure for MAF to check the container when it arrives in Auckland?

Many thanks
Old May 14th 2009, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Hi everyone,

Quick update on our progress. Received e-mail today from NZ house introducing our CO and requesting that: -
OH have extra blood test (LFTs were slightly elevated - he hadn't been teetotal in the run up to medicals!!)
Could we provide extra evidence that we were still in a stable ongoing relationship - i.e. from Jan to May of this year. All of our previous evidence spanned the previous 18 years up to Dec 2008!! - had to chuckle they have had our file since beginning of Feb!
But additionally they want to set the interview date as well - I am so excited!! Finally it feels like we are in grasping distance.
Old May 15th 2009, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Hi,

Sounds very similar to what happened with us. We had to have extra blood test, provide evidence for that short period lol. Everything worked out fine for us !! sooo fingers crossed nearly there
Old May 15th 2009, 6:37 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by anniiee
Hello Everybody

Well here we go the flights are booked now all we have to do is sort all our belongings out. Does anybody know what charges we will incure for MAF to check the container when it arrives in Auckland?

Many thanks
There is no way to know until after MAF have looked at the declaration documents and decided whether or not they will inspect the container and if they do, what may or may not need cleaning, fumigating or throwing away.

You will be sent the forms to fill in declaring what items you feel may be of interest to MAF and what you did to clean 'em etc.
MAF will look at these forms and decide from there.

If your shipping company is using a different delivery company this end in NZ, ( White Van Lines/Moving Company ) make sure it is understood you will ONLY pay fromthe actual MAF invoice . You will not pay any so-called service charge levied at you. The above delivery companies do try to charge what is called a service fee of several hundred dollars . Make sure your shippers are clear that you will pay no service fee as you have already paid the shippers direct and that you will ONLY may the MAF invoice charge once you see the paper copy.

Hope that helps.

ps
There was no MAF fee for our container as it wasn't inspected despite us having artifacts , tools, camp gear etc. MAF were satisfied with our paperwork.
Old May 29th 2009, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Well OH has had his extra bloods done - now awaiting results - fingers crossed they are better this time. He has lost over 2 stone since medical and abstained from alcohol so we shall see. His LFTs were only slightly raised and immigration dr said down to alcohol & BMI & not significant! But obviously any abnormal result is queried.

Got together even more evidence of our relationship, probably similar to what has already been sent just with different dates on.

Telephone interview booked for next Friday 5th. Just trying to make sure I have all my info. Aaaagghh!!

I'll let you know how we get on.

Anyone else still waiting - how is it going?
Old May 30th 2009, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Finger crossed for you, hopefuly it wont be too long now
Old May 30th 2009, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjake
Well OH has had his extra bloods done - now awaiting results - fingers crossed they are better this time. He has lost over 2 stone since medical and abstained from alcohol so we shall see. His LFTs were only slightly raised and immigration dr said down to alcohol & BMI & not significant! But obviously any abnormal result is queried.

Got together even more evidence of our relationship, probably similar to what has already been sent just with different dates on.

Telephone interview booked for next Friday 5th. Just trying to make sure I have all my info. Aaaagghh!!

I'll let you know how we get on.

Anyone else still waiting - how is it going?

Keeping everything crossed for you
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Starting to feel like it's an exam - will I have done enough cramming to get us through??!!??
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sjake
Thanks for the encouragement guys. Starting to feel like it's an exam - will I have done enough cramming to get us through??!!??
Good Luck, I also felt like I was sitting an exam. But there were no trick questions, just the same as all that have been put on here already. So try not to panic too much.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Well had interview last Friday, all went as expected with similar questions as posted before.

I think it went okay, but kick myself for not saying this, and for saying that but hey ho can't be changed!

My CO did state that all the extra info that I had sent her had only just landed on her desk and she hadn't had a chance to look at it. Also that a colleague had to do the second look bit etc. She did say that she had three options i.e. 1 - refusal - but that was unlikely, 2 - PR & 3 - WTR. Obviously hoping for PR as hubby doesn't finish MSc until November & ideally we have a house to sell.

She did say that she hoped to e-mail me with her decision early this week, but the wait is agonising! I've been so patient up to now!

Will let you know the result.

On the up note, my dream job has just come up in Auckland so busy applying for that one.

Thanks for all the support so far.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

probs the last update from us for a while - we'll be without internet for a week or so! crown finish packing us tomorrow and we fly next monday! good luck all! look forward to catching up on how you've all got on - fingers crossed for hearing soon!
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

oo - just realised it's nearly a year since i started this thread! cor
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stoof
probs the last update from us for a while - we'll be without internet for a week or so! crown finish packing us tomorrow and we fly next monday! good luck all! look forward to catching up on how you've all got on - fingers crossed for hearing soon!
Good Luck and Best Wishes & have a safe flight!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stoof
Good Luck, Lucky you we still have a few months to wait yet !! What area are you moving to ?
It would be good if some of us from this thread could meet up once we are out there
Hope everything works exactly as your hoping
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Best of luck Stoof & travel safe.

I had e-mail this morning from NZIS stating that we had been 'Approved in Principle' for PR - so excited & freaked at the same time.

Champagne in fridge for later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.