Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

Originally Posted by anniiee
Telephone interview Wednesday
Stoof fingers crossed everything works out for you. How exciting
Best of luck for Wednesday anniiee - obviously all went well with MA. Let us know how Wednesday goes - fingers crossed.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:34 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Telephone interview Wednesday
Stoof fingers crossed everything works out for you. How exciting
ta! good luck for tomorrow... ours was v straightforward (well, for me, cos OH did it!!!!!!!!)
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by grahamwookie
Hey there folks, We've not heard anything yet. Can i ask how you heard that you'd have an interview and when? I've got my phone message serv up and running.
hiya graham - how's things?

we had to get OH's passport back so he could go over for job interviews, so sent a fax to NZ house - our CO phoned within 24 hours as she'd just been assigned our case! think things probably went faster than they would have done, just cos we needed the passport - we submitted 1st December and were allocated CO early march - bang on what the INZ website said.

in short we were allocated a CO bang on what INZ said, but think we probably got dealt with faster than we may have done from there, cos we needed passport back.

HTH!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice

Hi Stoof,

Everything is grand but I'd really like a call from our CO. I emailed them and within 24hr they had replied stating our ITA is being considered. I'm really wishing that i had learn't a different profession from that of design as it's finding the work that's proving difficult. Back in 2003 the design industry was better off and me sending our showreels of work worked and got a job in welly within 2 weeks, great! I've had offers of freelance but this isn't fulltime.

I'm now having to reposition my portfolio and really go for it in terms of creative wow-ness. It will pay off in the end.

Stoof, looks like you've got the flights booked already, well good luck, you'll love it.

thanks for asking... :-)
Old May 3rd 2009, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

grahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nicegrahamwookie is just really nice

Morning, Hey can i ask you lucky few who have the blue stickers, how long you have until you have to be in NZ to activate the visa? Thanking you
Old May 4th 2009, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of
Red face Re: EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

Originally Posted by sjake
Best of luck for Wednesday anniiee - obviously all went well with MA. Let us know how Wednesday goes - fingers crossed.
Finaly had my interview on Wed with our CO which went very well, the outcome being he said he had 3 options. 1 Decline, 2 WTR, 3 PR. He stated decline was not an option and he was recommending PR. As you can imagine I was on cloud nine, telephoned everyone I could explaining the good news.
Then checked my emails to find an email from our CO now stating he was going to have to possibly decline my application or I could withdraw it, as I cannot obtain Professional Registration immediately on entering NZ (which immigration already knew). As you can imagine I was devastated and immediately emailed him back. CO replied with a further email and gave me a web site to check to see whether any of my previous work experience applied to any of the positions on this web site. If any of them are under the ‘skilled’ category I had to email him back. I emailed him back with two different Positions that were on this site and am now waiting for a reply.
At the moment both mine and my OH nerves are shot to pieces, just waiting for a reply with baited breath.
Old May 5th 2009, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of

oh my dear - that is well and truely terrible.
i gotta be honest, that has been my biggest fear from the very beginning - that'd we'd get so far in the process and pay out all the money and then be told we couldn't immigrate!!
i feel for you

fingerscrossed for a positive outcome.

lots of hugs
Old May 5th 2009, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by grahamwookie
Morning, Hey can i ask you lucky few who have the blue stickers, how long you have until you have to be in NZ to activate the visa? Thanking you
with our PR we've got six months to get the stickers in the passports ... the letter doesn't say how long you have to get there after this... though think i've read somewhere that it's 18 months? might be making that up though.... !!

our letter goes on to say...

Your residence permit
You will be granted a residence permit when you arrive in New Zealand.
Your residence permit allows you to live, work, and study in New Zealand. The permit expires if you leave New Zealand.
You will also be issued with your first returning resident's visa so that you can be granted another residence permit if you leave New Zealand and return while the visa is still valid.
Your first returning resident's visa will be valid for two years from the date of your initial resident's permit. After these first two years, you will need to apply for another returning resident's visa if you are planning to travel outside New Zealand in the future.

sorry Graham... haven't really answered your question... will do some more investigating and get back to you if no-one else does in the meantime!!
Old May 5th 2009, 7:36 pm
Account Closed

At the moment both mine and my OH nerves are shot to pieces, just waiting for a reply with baited breath.
fingers crossed

it's been tough enough for us and i think we've had a fairly straightforward experience! hope you hear soon!
Old May 6th 2009, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Finaly had my interview on Wed with our CO which went very well, the outcome being he said he had 3 options. 1 Decline, 2 WTR, 3 PR. He stated decline was not an option and he was recommending PR. As you can imagine I was on cloud nine, telephoned everyone I could explaining the good news.
Then checked my emails to find an email from our CO now stating he was going to have to possibly decline my application or I could withdraw it, as I cannot obtain Professional Registration immediately on entering NZ (which immigration already knew). As you can imagine I was devastated and immediately emailed him back. CO replied with a further email and gave me a web site to check to see whether any of my previous work experience applied to any of the positions on this web site. If any of them are under the ‘skilled’ category I had to email him back. I emailed him back with two different Positions that were on this site and am now waiting for a reply.
Oh my goodness thats awful I really feel for you. I hope you get a postive outcome soon x
Old May 6th 2009, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of
Smile Re: EOI selections 2nd July - anyone any news yet?

Hello everyone

Got an email from our CO today.....and yes we've been granted residency visas
Cant believe it after everything, but NZ here we come Good Luck to everyone else still waiting x
Old May 6th 2009, 11:55 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Many many congratulations Anniiee
Time to open the bubbly!

grahamwookie
If you are granted PR then you have 6m to get the stickers into your passport. You then have 12m from the date they are issued to activate your visa. So just under 18m if you leave everything until the latest possible date.
WTR -3m to get the stickers in and then 3m after that to enter NZ
Old May 7th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Hello everyone

Cant believe it after everything, but NZ here we come Good Luck to everyone else still waiting x
Congratulation!!!
Old May 7th 2009, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Hello everyone

Fantastic news!!!!!
Really pleased for you after your ups & downs - time to open up the champers
Old May 7th 2009, 8:31 pm
Account Closed

Hello everyone

spot on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.